Battles in Normandy--expansion pack? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

bostonrpgmania -> Battles in Normandy--expansion pack? (10/29/2003 11:56:11 AM)

In one thread, Gregor mentioned about battles in Normandy
Is this an upcoming title using Korsun pocket engine?

bostonrpgmania -> (10/29/2003 1:15:23 PM)

For your information, Gregor mentioned normandy in answering the following question from forum member

Originally Posted by j campbell
Just a thought-it would be nice if engineering units that are in a defensive position could deploy minefields in an adjacent hex-say 1 per turn if the unit did not move or provide an additional defensive bonus for units sharing the same hex. At the moment i use my german engineering units to try an blow as many bridges as possible and avoid soviet units as best possible in my retreat. I try not to have them in the front line too much because of the VP's if they are eliminated. any thoughts, suggestions?

john
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We thought about this, but we couldn't see any way of stopping players from abusing the system, and creating their own private Maginot lines. But in Battles in Normandy, the scenario creator will be able to specify a number of minefields that turn up in a particular turn and must be placed in that turn by the player (in much the same way as interdiction happens now).

This way, there is a defined limit to the number of minefields created, but you still get the fun of trying to predict where they will do the most good.

Gregor

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI