Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you change HQ for units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can you change HQ for units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you change HQ for units? - 8/11/2001 3:14:00 AM   
Saltone

I often find that I want to attach extra units to a formation - say, an engineer, armor or recon platoon to an infantry Co. Is it possible to assign units to a different commander than the one they have (for most '0' units, it's A0 of course), and if so, how? Can it be done mid-campaign, or only in the start, if at all? [ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Saltone ]

Post #: 1
- 8/11/2001 3:28:00 AM   
Warhorse

Yes you can, there are stipulations of course! ;) You can't reassign any support units, just the core force units. What you do is select the unit you want to reassign, then go to the right side of the screen, to the picture of the soldier on the right side, it should say something like find new leader or the like, click that, then the leader of the formation you want the unit to belong to.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 2
- 8/11/2001 3:36:00 AM   
Saltone

Roger that, will give it a go when I get off work. Thanks a lot!

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 3
- 8/11/2001 6:04:00 AM   
Charles2222

So what happens if you assign an entire platoon to another platoon leader? Would the converting platoon leader then stay a recon subordinate to the new leader, or would the converting platoon always have to have at least it's leader left over (IOW the leaders can't convert to equal ranks)?

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 4
- 8/12/2001 6:50:00 AM   
Saltone

When exactly can you perform the reassignments? Not in-game or at the start of a campaign? Does it have to happen between campaign scenarios, during the change/fix stage? Would appreciate some details on that!

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 5
- 8/12/2001 7:37:00 AM   
bchapman

I think you have to assign the units to new HQ's during the deployment turn. Hope this helps.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 6
- 8/12/2001 8:09:00 AM   
Saltone

And we have liftoff... Muahahaha watch out Japs/Soviets/French/British/Germans or whoever else gets in the way of my newly organized Task Force! Thanks a lot fellas.

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 7
- 8/12/2001 8:04:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by bchapman: I think you have to assign the units to new HQ's during the deployment turn. Hope this helps.
Yep only during deployment, but remember that if you reassign all the units of a formation you can no longer use that formation. Example: You have a section of MGs (3 MG units) called G0, G1, and G2. If you assign G0 to H0 then G1 to H0 and then G2 to, say L0, the G formation can no longer have units assigned to it (game limitation). So if you wish to reuse the G formation always make sure you leave a unit assigned to it.

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can you change HQ for units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI