Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Canadian scenario by Wild Bill

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Canadian scenario by Wild Bill Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canadian scenario by Wild Bill - 8/20/2001 5:25:00 AM   
McGib

A while back WB you mentioned you were starting work on a canuck scenario in the Scheldt estuary. Have you finished it? I keep looking but have not seen any mention of it. Is it still a work in progress or has it been shelved?

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 8/21/2001 6:05:00 AM   
McGib

bump

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 8/22/2001 2:46:00 AM   
Secapra

THERE IS A SIMILAR THEMED SCENARIO BY BOB WALLACE.IT IS CALLED THE MUD AND THE BLOOD AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM WALLACES WAR ROOM AT TANKHEADS SITE.

Secapra

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 8/23/2001 2:57:00 AM   
McGib

bump again

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 8/23/2001 8:41:00 AM   
ZoomBoy27

Are the hexes dynamic in SPWAW? Because a lot of the action on the Left Flank in Holland consisted of the Germans defending like hell and then blowing the dikes and inundating the land the Canadians would have to fight across.
A buddy of mine did an ASL battle south of the Scheldt. It was terrain that was either a hill that the Germans occupied or water that the Canadians had to wade through. In fact, Canadians were the only troops with rubberized boots(at least on the Western Front). So at one point in a scenario the terrain would change from flatland to marsh as the dikes were blown. Maybe some info on the White-Bread gun crews. ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
- 8/23/2001 9:56:00 PM   
RockinHarry

..there are some "dynamic" terrain classes in SPWAW like bridges and buildings collapse, cratering of terrain and hedges/walls to rough.
(..did I forget some?)
Unfortunately no swamps to water or anything to water. Seems to be a good idea for combat leader though. __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 6
- 8/24/2001 12:56:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I have not forgotten it, Mac! I've just been buried in two big projects that have taken every spare second of time. It is on my "to do" list. That is why it took so long to answer I don't get much of a chance to visit the forum during these days. I will get it done. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 7
- 8/24/2001 5:39:00 AM   
McGib

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
I have not forgotten it, Mac! I've just been buried in two big projects that have taken every spare second of time. It is on my "to do" list. That is why it took so long to answer I don't get much of a chance to visit the forum during these days. I will get it done. Wild Bill
Not a problem WB. I figured it was something like that. I dont get much chance to play now(recently married)so I can wait

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 8
- 8/24/2001 1:13:00 PM   
Rhodan

Being Dutch... what hill???? Damn we suffer from vertigo on a sidewalk. Granted I have not spent much time in the Zeeland area. Anyway...great idea on de Schelde region. About time the Canadians get the credit they deserve for the fighting there. A campaign perhaps? Anyone?

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Canadian scenario by Wild Bill Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI