Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does the covering work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How does the covering work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does the covering work? - 9/1/2001 3:31:00 AM   
xafemo

Hello to all,
How does the covering work? With my question I refer to the following thing: for example, I enter with one of my units in a hexagon that has a highway under with rough land; what covering does it govern here?
Thank you for your explanations.

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.
Post #: 1
- 9/1/2001 4:19:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

There are two aspects to cover - the protection given by the terrain in the hex (ie rough is "excellent" see the manual for a terain effects listing (manual.pdf - view with adobe acrobat) The other aspect is the state of the troops. Moving fast (2 hexes or more) and the cover has much less effect. Move cautiously (1 hex) and the cover has greater effect, stay stationary and move of the cover is available. Stay stationary and get "in -cover" status ot have full protection of the cover. Hopefully that helps

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2001 4:29:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
There are two aspects to cover - the protection given by the terrain in the hex (ie rough is "excellent" see the manual for a terain effects listing (manual.pdf - view with adobe acrobat) The other aspect is the state of the troops. Moving fast (2 hexes or more) and the cover has much less effect. Move cautiously (1 hex) and the cover has greater effect, stay stationary and move of the cover is available. Stay stationary and get "in -cover" status ot have full protection of the cover. Hopefully that helps
I think xafemo was asking which terrain feature takes precedence. In his case, a road going through rough terrain. Does the road terrain apply or the rough terrain? I am guessing rough because the unit will try to apply the most favorable terrain.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 3
- 9/1/2001 4:31:00 AM   
xafemo

Thank you Paul (I always take of the forum your explanations like a complement of the manual), but that it happens with my example, to the margin of the state of movement of my unit: to covering effects, does it govern the highway or the rough land?

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 4
- 9/1/2001 4:39:00 AM   
xafemo

Thank you Sam, your observation has much sense. To be able to him to confirm would be very well.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 5
- 9/1/2001 10:08:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The best type of cover in a hex is used for cover, the best for movement for MP cost - so a road in teh rough protects like rough, but costs MPs as a road. Terain is not cumulative though, so woods in a rough is treated as rough, for cover and movement, but blocks LOS as a woods.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How does the covering work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI