Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Level Bombers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Level Bombers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Level Bombers - 9/1/2001 8:26:00 PM   
OKW-73

Hi, im having trouble with using level bombers in spwaw 6.1 I can use normal fighters, but for some reason i cant assign target for level bombers, anyone have a clue why?

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Post #: 1
- 9/2/2001 2:08:00 AM   
AJVa

Try assigning target in the deployment phase. You can use the T-key to change the ETA. Manual page 35 etc. [ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: AJV ]

(in reply to OKW-73)
Post #: 2
- 9/2/2001 7:52:00 AM   
OKW-73

Ok, did find it on manual page 41, its not just very realistic if you cant give them orders in game... [ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: OKW-73 ]

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

(in reply to OKW-73)
Post #: 3
- 9/2/2001 8:10:00 AM   
smokstak2

quote:

Originally posted by OKW-73:
Ok, did find it on manual page 41, its not just very realistic if you cant give them orders in game... [ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: OKW-73 ]
Actually, it's very realistic. Level bombers did not operate in direct support of ground troops, that was what Jabos/dive bombers were for. On several occassions, like Monte Cassino or Iwo Jima, heavy bombers did pound the area to be attacked to soften up the defenses, but this was well before the ground forces attacked. The US recalled the use of heavy bombers for ground support when, in Northern France, they bombed friendly forces. Level bomber crews were trained to drop bombs on large-size targets from 20,000 feet, not co-ordinate with forward air controllers. In WW2, level bombers simply were not accurate enough to perform CAS. There was too much of a risk. Later on, at Khe Sahn for example, B-52's did provide close support for ground troops, but bombing techniques and technology were, obviously, considerably more advanced from WW2. Ciao,
-Tim

(in reply to OKW-73)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Level Bombers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI