Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/7/2001 12:03:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Hey ClickinTheMaus great thread and addition to the SPWaW community! Welcome and keep up the interesting posts.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to smokstak2)
Post #: 31
- 9/7/2001 1:10:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by ClickinTheMaus:
Hello fellow gamers, After my girlfriend was surprised last night when I shouted "CRAP!!" into the phone (playing SPWAW while talking to her) when one of my T-34's was exploded by a StugIIIG, I thought of a little list that might indicate you are addicted to this game...not as if that is a bad thing, or even that a wargamer has any powers of resistance to this game, however. LOL. 1. You constantly refer to distances in # of hexes. 2. You refer to your house as a "single hex brick structure" 3. You can't remember your significant other's birthday to save your life, but you know the penetration values for a Panther G with AP ammo at 15 hexes. 4. You have calculated front, side, and rear armor values for your car/truck. 5. You are reluctant to drive into a dense urban area without "heavy infantry support" 6. When 9 of your friends are out somewhere, you invariably appoint a "squad leader." 7. You've mapped out your neighborhood in the map editor, and pre-registered your artillery on annoying neighbors' houses. 8. You can't go anywhere without assigning an "objective." 9. When asked "how's the weather?" you respond with "visibility 3, rain." Hope you liked those heheh. When digging through old posts, I found a thread about things people always say while playing. Here's mine: "Is everybody and their MOTHER shooting at me?" When a tank/AT gun scores a hit and the enemy vehicle explodes: "WOHOO!!" (while pumping fist up and down) After congratulating oneself after taking out 2 Tigers by a careful, multi-turn approach only to see another platoon of them come into view: "Geez, how many of these bastards do they HAVE?" When your 75% shot misses and the enemy kills you with a 8% shot, despite moving in the same turn: "WHAT THE HELL!!??"
Ciao,
-Tim

ROTFL! __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to smokstak2)
Post #: 32
- 9/7/2001 3:39:00 AM   
smokstak2

Ok i'll be back to work as soon as i finish cleaning the 6 hexes of garden [/QB][/QUOTE] Where's a Sherman dozer, Long Tom battery, and engineer squad when you need one? Ciao,
-Tim

(in reply to smokstak2)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI