Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

artillery observers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> artillery observers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
artillery observers? - 10/2/2001 3:54:00 PM   
El_Peco

Which is the exact function of these units?
I think that they improve artillery accuracy, but I didn't notice any difference using or not using them! Thanks and regards.

Post #: 1
- 10/2/2001 4:37:00 PM   
11Bravo

Use these units to call in artillary. Select the FO, then hit B to set up some artillary strikes. The main difference is that shorter times are observed before the shells land. In some cases (U.S.) the differences will be remarkable. There may be other differences as well. Note that the FO must be the man to call in the artillary. Simply having him in the OOB does nothing special that I know of. [ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to El_Peco)
Post #: 2
- 10/2/2001 10:31:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

Also - if you are playing with C&C on, it takes an order to call in artillery. Therefore you can use up your FO's orders on artillery fire and save your unit commanders for other actions.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to El_Peco)
Post #: 3
- 10/4/2001 4:44:00 AM   
Nikademus

also, be sure to check the FO unit's 'Artillery' leadership score. As i've found out personally, being a FO unit does not automatically make the unit experienced at it's craft. I have three two-man FO units in my current Soviet campaign and I found out after having selected them that their artillery scores were nearly as abysmal or as abysmal as many of the other non-specialized units!!! Heh, my AO unit tops the list at a whopping 69. So be sure to chk those scores before conducting your tests.....they make a biiig difference in effectiveness by putting the fire on target (along with having the target hex under observation)

(in reply to El_Peco)
Post #: 4
- 10/4/2001 6:46:00 AM   
hnh3_sp

Yes, there seems to be an FO bug with ARM and ART leadership reversed. I use the included Chlanda SPWaW Editor to switch the two values.

(in reply to El_Peco)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> artillery observers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI