Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About the new OOBs and SPWAW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> About the new OOBs and SPWAW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 5:25:36 AM   
M4Jess

I have not read any of the OOBs threads, here or on any other SPWAW web page. and I dont plan to.

I will always play the most up-dated OOBs, not because I want to, because I have too. I love this Game. I think the OOB people are making the game worse, and have been doing so for 2 years. The only real good OOB change is Panzer Leos H2H. I for one hope he will NOT do one for 8.0+

Its not because I dont like 8.0+, Its because I dont like the up-grades. The copy file (game size) and DLs, and over write and what-is too much

I really dont give a hoot about the OOB to date. I loved 7.1 and 5.2 for gods sake!

This is really about a game right? and most players (1000's strong), and not a few members that get to pick the OOB's

From a design stand point..I Really dont care.. like I said its all albout this great game. I and many others, design our scenarios to the most up-dated OOBs. 8.0+ ..but let this be the last one.

IMO the attention should be on the great maps! and who gave us thes SHPs..RockingHarry and Tracer.

There is so much we can all give back to this game...I think Matrix has done that.

I say let this be the last OOB, and pay more attention on way more cool things like maps.

The OOBs are ok..damn sissys

Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 1
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 6:00:32 AM   
Major_Johnson

Whoa there buddy. Give these oob's a chance. Personally I think they're the best yet! I just hope that this new set doesn't unbalance the game like it used to be!! Whoops! Did I say that??? I, like you, always play with the latest and greatest!

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 2
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 11:05:11 AM   
Renaud

quote:

ORIGINAL: M4Jess

I have not read any of the OOBs threads, here or on any other SPWAW web page. and I dont plan to.

Jess

That's your opinion, but please allow others not to agree with you. The fact you didn't read the OOB threads and didn't pay attention to the efforts of people trying to improve historical accuracy and playability could be the real problem here...

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 3
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 2:42:36 PM   
o4r

quote:

ORIGINAL: M4Jess

I will always play the most up-dated OOBs, not because I want to, because I have too. I love this Game. I think the OOB people are making the game worse, and have been doing so for 2 years. The only real good OOB change is Panzer Leos H2H. I for one hope he will NOT do one for 8.0+

Its not because I dont like 8.0+, Its because I dont like the up-grades. The copy file (game size) and DLs, and over write and what-is too much

I really dont give a hoot about the OOB to date. I loved 7.1 and 5.2 for gods sake!

This is really about a game right? and most players (1000's strong), and not a few members that get to pick the OOB's

From a design stand point..I Really dont care.. like I said its all albout this great game. I and many others, design our scenarios to the most up-dated OOBs. 8.0+ ..but let this be the last one.

IMO the attention should be on the great maps! and who gave us thes SHPs..RockingHarry and Tracer.

There is so much we can all give back to this game...I think Matrix has done that.

I say let this be the last OOB, and pay more attention on way more cool things like maps.

Jess

Frankly speaking, I am quite comfortable with H2H except one fact that the HEAT of the PV IV came into service too early and the flak 88 wont fire at coming aircraft. However it was not corrected after repeating request.

As I play SPWAW more and more, I found that they are going for game balance more and more often.

And futher to that I am still waiting for somebody to convert those german words to English too.

Overall it is quite ok compare to version 8.0. Much better actually. Ver 8.0 is acutally a great disappointment because it has too many mistake in the oob when the version was released.

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 4
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 3:08:13 PM   
Kevin E. Duguay

I did a very little work on H2H with Leo and I recall that the 88mm flak came up more than once. I think that HIS answer was that the aircraft portrayed in SPWaW were being used for close support and were flying at low altitude. In real life useing a 88mm flak gun to try and hit a Mustang flying at tree top levels would be impossible at best. The gun was not designed to track let alone shoot at low flying planes.

With that said I'd like to add that I personally hope everyone enjoys 8.2. I know it will have some mistakes but they will eventually be pollished up and we will have the best version of SPWaW to date.

KED

(in reply to o4r)
Post #: 5
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 3:58:03 PM   
Renaud

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kevin E. Duguay

I did a very little work on H2H with Leo and I recall that the 88mm flak came up more than once. I think that HIS answer was that the aircraft portrayed in SPWaW were being used for close support and were flying at low altitude. In real life useing a 88mm flak gun to try and hit a Mustang flying at tree top levels would be impossible at best. The gun was not designed to track let alone shoot at low flying planes.

With that said I'd like to add that I personally hope everyone enjoys 8.2. I know it will have some mistakes but they will eventually be pollished up and we will have the best version of SPWaW to date.

That's what I hope too, notably because I spent a lot of time designing the Belgian OOB. I also gave information about the French one.

Concerning H2H, it's probably better than 8.1 overall, but there are two awful problems:

1- Dive bombers are more efficient than A-10 (bombs with 92 accuracy - is this REALLY serious?)
2- The German weapons and units are - well - incredibly overestimated to say the least.

7.1 is still my favourite version so far.

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 6
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/30/2004 4:54:10 PM   
Kevin E. Duguay

I only worked on the artillery by testing and giving Leo warhead HE filling's and ROF for some of the larger artillery pieces. What he did with them can be seen in the game and does not nessisarily reflect the information I gave him. This was after all HIS version. Overall it's quite good besides some of the things mentioned above. But if there is going to be a standard for this game it must come from Matrix. All I hope is that Matrix just does'nt abandon SPWaW alltogether. They are in possetion of the game code and in this lie many of the problems with the game. Without some minor (or to some major) changes to the game code, some things just can't be portrayed correctly. It would be nice to have these code changes but with Combat Leader-Cross of Iron on it's way I for one just don't see this happening. It's a shame, but the old must give way to the new eventually no matter how good the old could be.

KED

(in reply to Renaud)
Post #: 7
RE: About the new OOBs and SPWAW - 3/31/2004 5:10:47 PM   
Wild Bill

I salute anyone who works on OOBs. I've been in this game for a long time, since the beginning. I've seen a steady line of devoted stalwarts to the game and the hobby come and go. They include Scott Grasse, Paul Vebber, Stuart Millis and a host of others, currently with Bryan "Marauder" Melvin at the controls of a very capable team.

Anyone who does this work is the same kind of person not afraid to wrestle alligators!

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> About the new OOBs and SPWAW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI