Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

river crossing scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> river crossing scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
river crossing scenarios? - 10/17/2001 4:34:00 AM   
AC

Does anybodz know where I can find some good river crossing scenarios? I went trough the scenarios that come with the game, but didn't find anything. AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943
Post #: 1
- 10/17/2001 4:45:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by AC:
Does anybodz know where I can find some good river crossing scenarios? I went trough the scenarios that come with the game, but didn't find anything. AC
There is a compressed version of Market Garden, plenty of river crossings there, but the unit and map scale are not real so it just gives the flavor of the battles not a simulation of them. I have it in the image backup I did before going to v6.1, if you can't find it anywhere you might give me a yell and I'll find that cd and see about getting you a copy.
thanks, John.

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 2
- 10/17/2001 8:58:00 AM   
ZoomBoy27

Kanev Bridgehead on the 1st page of the scenarios covers _some_ of that. But it focuses more on the bridgehead rather than the actual crossing. Though there are Sov reinforcements that do cross the river under fire. ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 3
- 10/17/2001 9:24:00 AM   
Coyotebd

If all else fails you can play a beach crossing on a generated battle. The end of the 5.01 manual tells you how. I just read it but never done it, but it involves making a map with a wide river, then load it in a generated battle. The computer will automatically give you inflatable rafts.

Tyler "Coyote" Provick
A Coy, VRHC
members.home.net/vrhc
WWII Online: Blitzkrieg
www.wwiionline.com

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 4
- 10/17/2001 1:48:00 PM   
AC

quote:

Originally posted by john g:
There is a compressed version of Market Garden, plenty of river crossings there, but the unit and map scale are not real so it just gives the flavor of the battles not a simulation of them. I have it in the image backup I did before going to v6.1, if you can't find it anywhere you might give me a yell and I'll find that cd and see about getting you a copy.
thanks, John.

Thanx to you all! John, I will look for that battle and eventually come back to you. AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 5
- 10/17/2001 2:38:00 PM   
Resisti

Ciao.
Uno o due mesi fa sono stati pubblicati da WB ed il suo gruppo(the Raiders) una serie di interessanti scenari sull argomento.
Controlla il sito http://www.militarygameronline.com/raiders/ dovrebbero essere ancora là da qualche parte
Altrimenti scrivili e sicuramente te li faranno avere

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 6
- 10/17/2001 7:54:00 PM   
ruxius

As I told you..here you can find e-thing you need!
Hello Federico...this week I will open the second testing scenario !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 7
- 10/18/2001 3:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Go to Fabio Prado's website and download the crossing of the Njimegen River by the paratroopers of the 82nd while attacking the town to take the bridge. This one is a maximum river crossing. You'll get a real feel for what those trooper endured trying to cross the river under fire. It is a must have for any SPWAW player. http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_scenarios_wbw.htm Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> river crossing scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI