Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign 1 Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign 1 Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign 1 Patch - 11/3/2001 4:34:00 AM   
dycemc

Hey, while we're waiting for the July release of Mega Campaign 2... oops... can we have the patch to fix the first mega campaign. I quit playing it about 6 weeks ago. I'd like to finish the first campaign before I get bogged down on the Russian Steppes.

Post #: 1
- 11/3/2001 5:53:00 AM   
Al Boone

I agree. I purchased the first MegaCampaign as soon as it was announced, many moons ago. Once I received it, I heard about many problems so I held off on starting it until the version 7 patch was released. I am not bitching. I have ordered Lost Victories and will buy any other MegaCampaigns and games, as well as T shirts and mugs already bought. I just would like to play Desert Fox 1941 sometime soon.........

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 2
- 11/3/2001 6:45:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I offered the v7 patch to anybody who wanted it starting a few weeks after the MC started shipping.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 3
- 11/3/2001 1:54:00 PM   
Randy

Paul, will this v7 patch be in the MC 2 disk? Thanks

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 4
- 11/5/2001 3:01:00 PM   
Grenadier

Its all my fault. I never realized what putting together 250 scenarios in a campaign would do to my life, especially my love life

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 5
- 11/5/2001 3:08:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

^___^

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 6
- 11/6/2001 12:41:00 AM   
brianleeprice

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
I offered the v7 patch to anybody who wanted it starting a few weeks after the MC started shipping.
As you know I've been somewhat vocal on this issue in prior posts. I'll back up a bit on my stance to allow that perhaps there was some breakdown in communications. Basically, here is what happened in my case: 1) After playing SP:WAW and enjoying it I decided to purchase MC:NA despite the posts I saw about problems with it because I saw your offer to send the beta 7 patch posted on this forum. 2) I ordered MC:NA in mid September and shortly after receiving a shipping date I sent an email to you as instructed in the post asking for the beta 7 patch. 3) I never received a reply from you. 4) Figuring you were busy, I posted here on the forum requesting assistance from someone who had the patch. 5) Although after a few days a kind veteran forum member did send me a patched mech.exe file, I had to go through more than a bit of what I considered abuse. 6) Also in response to my forum post I received an email from another purchaser of MC:NA who had the same problem getting a response from you. I think my attitude since that experience is quite understandable. However I'm willing to allow that perhaps there was some problem with your email account. Hopefully the 'official' version 7 patch will soon be released and we can all put this rather sad issue behind us. Brian Price

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 7
- 11/6/2001 2:20:00 AM   
Grumble

H'mmm. Unfortunate. The two times I requested the patch directly from Paul, I received it within a day or so. I assume you emailed him directly, and did not just post your request here?

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 8
- 11/6/2001 2:30:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Hmmm everytime i see the term "Mega Campaign Patch" I keep hoping it means Matrix is going to sell Embroidered Sholder Patches to sew on my old Field Jacket .... I think they would be Cool
And since this thread was already at the top of the list ..I posted, but if anybody likes the idea ..start a new topic, making clear which Patch you are talking about and let this one fade
thanks [ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: AmmoSgt ]

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 9
- 11/6/2001 2:47:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

You can do 9 good deeds, but screw one up and folks think you don't care... My apologies for missing your request Brian. FOr future reference, if anyone sends email to my matrix email address, and does not get a reponse in 3 days, please send a followup. My batting average for meetingthat window is about .850, but grabbing a few minutes here and there through out the day at "real" work or at home or on the laptop, sometimes one gets distracted between the reading an email, drafting a response and actually sending it. As I have said, we do the best we can, but we don't have the sort of organization here that can be 100% responsive the first time, so 10-15% of the time you have to send a reminder. Somehow that falls more in the "work with me" realm than "abuse". At the stage we are at, we have to accept 80% solutions and strive for 90. If being somewhere in between is fatal, then so be it.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 10
- 11/6/2001 4:11:00 AM   
Truckeye

if i request a patch (presume 7.0) and install it, will it wreck my pbem games that are underway with 6.0 and will my opponent then have to request the patch even if he doesnt have MCNA? just asking before i leap. otherwise i can wait for MCLV for the 7.0. i suppose at that time he will have to upgrade as well.

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 11
- 11/6/2001 2:33:00 PM   
Reg

A simple solution to this delemma is to create a directory into which you save the version 6 file mech.exe as mech_v61.exe (or something similar) and save the v7 file as mech_v70.exe. Just copy the relevant file into the main SPWaW directory, rename it back to mech.exe and you have just upgraded the game version. Now you can have the best of both worlds, V6.1 for PBeM and V 7.0 for MCNA. The hard bit is remembering which version you have installed but the opening screen tells you that (just below the buttons that select Mega Campaign, Solitaire, PBeM Play, etc). Best of luck,
Reg

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 12
- 11/6/2001 6:11:00 PM   
jamiep1

Hey Brent, I liked your post. It's bow season here in Illinois for deer & turkey with the shotgun seasons coming up. My wife used to put up missing posters for me this time of year but since we have been married so long now (16 years), she just leaves the porch light on for when I straggle on home. Thanks for all the time you have put into SP:WAW! Jamie "If it flies, it dies" - Great motto for any upland game bird hunters.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 13
- 11/6/2001 9:22:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

I have received the CD with Desert Fox just 2 or 3 days ago and haven't opened it yet. It appears that it needs a patch. Can somebody e-mail it to me, please? Suggestion: why not a download page for this patches? "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 14
- 11/7/2001 9:42:00 AM   
Polrbear

A VERY GOOD QUESTION RICHARD, WHY NOT PUT THE MCNA PATCH THAT PAUL OFFERED SEVERAL WEEKS AGO ON A DOWNLOAD LINK. THOSE OF US THAT PAID FOR THE MCNA 1 PRODUCT COULD PLAY WHAT WE BOUGHT WITHOUT CONCERN THAT WE WOULD LOSE THE PROGRESS WE MADE BEFORE THE YUGO BUST. WHEN I RAISE THE YUGO ISSUE WITH MATRIX, PAUL KINDLY REPONDED THAT IF I WANTED TO TRY THE PATCH HE WOULD SEND IT TO ME. BUT THE USE OF THE WORD "TRY" SCARED ME AWAY. HAVING PLAYED 5 OR 6 SCENARIOS INTO MCNA ONLY TO HAVE THE YUGO ABORT MY PROGRESS WAS AN EXPERIENCE THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO RISK AGAIN.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 15
- 11/7/2001 10:28:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Ugh Now definetly I will not open the MegaCampaign without the patch. And if I don't open this one I'm certainly not going to buy more. It took me already 27 US dollars to "import" that to Portugal. "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 16
- 11/7/2001 10:31:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

testing one-two-three. Where is my reply?

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 17
- 11/7/2001 10:35:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Sorry about that. Sometimes the reply doesn't show right away.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 18
- 11/7/2001 4:14:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Richardthefirst,the yugo bug doesn't afflct everybody.There's a good chance that your MC will work right,try it!!!!it's the best wargame experience i've ever tried....unluckly it lasted me only one scenario!

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 19
- 11/7/2001 4:59:00 PM   
brianleeprice

I just received the latest patch from Mr Vebber today, evidently my original email was lost in the shuffle somewhere. So follow his advice, if you email him for the patch and don't hear back within a few days, send him another email. He will get back to you. Brian Price
PS: Thanks Mr Vebber

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 20
- 11/8/2001 12:12:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by Gen.Hoepner:
Richardthefirst,the yugo bug doesn't afflct everybody.There's a good chance that your MC will work right,try it!!!!it's the best wargame experience i've ever tried....unluckly it lasted me only one scenario!
Thanks for the clarification. Anyway I think it's better to start a campaign knowing that it will be alright all the way, isn't it? Thus, Matrix should have this available at a download page. I mean if they have all the SPWaW available, why not a patch? It would at least save everibody some annoyement and time, specially Paul's. BTW: what is the meaning of Yugo??? "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 21
- 11/8/2001 12:51:00 AM   
lnp4668

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
Thanks for the clarification. Anyway I think it's better to start a campaign knowing that it will be alright all the way, isn't it? Thus, Matrix should have this available at a download page. I mean if they have all the SPWaW available, why not a patch? It would at least save everibody some annoyement and time, specially Paul's. BTW: what is the meaning of Yugo??? "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar
The v.7 patch is still in beta testing, that is why is is not available for download until everything is iron out. Once it is done, it will be posted. The yugo bug in MCNA shows up sometime when you finished a battle and when you go to the next one, it shows your country as Yugoslavia and you unable to continue with the campaign

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 22
- 11/8/2001 5:04:00 AM   
AC

Hi everybody! Not sure if it fits here, but I found a workaround to the Yugo-bug: I simply turn off all sounds before the last turn of a battle and so far the bug didn't show up any more. Once the next battle has begun I turn them on again. AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign 1 Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI