Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maps of the Scheldt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Maps of the Scheldt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maps of the Scheldt - 11/5/2001 6:36:00 AM   
achappelle

Does anyone know of any online resources that have maps of the Scheldt Estuary, spec. Walcheren Island area. Want to do a battle or ten revolving around the Canucks and Poles who fought there.
Thanks

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)
Post #: 1
- 11/5/2001 6:51:00 AM   
Major Destruction

Try mapquest.com
or this
http://mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn/twn-map_results&west=1&uid=u9njh3jd.9mdeeua:2xgursgubs&aphoto=0&SNVData=3mad3-g.fy%284250r1_q61x0.ne%2842a%24mm-dzr%3bah7-%3d%3a%28_%3 d%11%13_d0aaua%28sgur0%3d0,rb%3b7%3bb5m-r2qfj5m%3be10h%284&pcat= You'll need to cut and paste to overcome wrapping.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 2
- 11/5/2001 11:28:00 PM   
achappelle

Thanks Major, this great for the overall, still looking for some topographical maps of the battlefields.

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 3
- 11/7/2001 12:57:00 AM   
pops

...were there Poles in that action...I know British commandos took part in the Flushing and Walcheren landings....as well Scottish (I think) finally got across the causeway (or around it) actually...found a way across the inlet that the Canadians couldn't find...I've been making a map of the Walcheren landing....making a battle seem pretty confusing though.... ..not much on line...try your library: Maple Leaf Route:Scheldt...that's been giving me lots...another great book is Tug of War...

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 4
- 11/7/2001 5:34:00 AM   
achappelle

Hey Pops,
If I remember right, there was a Polish Armoured Division attached to the Canadian Army. I think it was in action on the right flank of the Army's zone. I read the book Maple Leaf Against The Axis, had some good battle anecdotes, no real battlefield maps. I'll try to find the books you mention. Specifically need some top maps, so I can draw up the battlefields.
Thanks

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 5
- 11/7/2001 6:48:00 AM   
Red Baron

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksandr Morozov:
Does anyone know of any online resources that have maps of the Scheldt Estuary, spec. Walcheren Island area. Want to do a battle or ten revolving around the Canucks and Poles who fought there.
Thanks

Hi there..
I once started to make a Walcheren campaign designed for SP3, but i droped due the shortcomings in SP3. Havn´t found time to do it in WAW yet - too many other related tasks ) - but i´d collected a lot of material related to that particually part of the war. i´ll see what i can put together and thaen i mail it to you..
Regards..Michael.

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 6
- 11/7/2001 9:54:00 AM   
pops

...yes the Poles were involved to the east or right flank I believe...north of the Turnhout Canal...don't think they went to Walcheren...

(in reply to achappelle)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Maps of the Scheldt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI