Maps of the Scheldt (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

achappelle -> Maps of the Scheldt (11/5/2001 6:36:00 AM)

Does anyone know of any online resources that have maps of the Scheldt Estuary, spec. Walcheren Island area. Want to do a battle or ten revolving around the Canucks and Poles who fought there.
Thanks

Major Destruction -> (11/5/2001 6:51:00 AM)

Try mapquest.com
or this
http://mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn/twn-map_results&west=1&uid=u9njh3jd.9mdeeua:2xgursgubs&aphoto=0&SNVData=3mad3-g.fy%284250r1_q61x0.ne%2842a%24mm-dzr%3bah7-%3d%3a%28_%3 d%11%13_d0aaua%28sgur0%3d0,rb%3b7%3bb5m-r2qfj5m%3be10h%284&pcat= You'll need to cut and paste to overcome wrapping.

achappelle -> (11/5/2001 11:28:00 PM)

Thanks Major, this great for the overall, still looking for some topographical maps of the battlefields.

pops -> (11/7/2001 12:57:00 AM)

...were there Poles in that action...I know British commandos took part in the Flushing and Walcheren landings....as well Scottish (I think) finally got across the causeway (or around it) actually...found a way across the inlet that the Canadians couldn't find...I've been making a map of the Walcheren landing....making a battle seem pretty confusing though.... ..not much on line...try your library: Maple Leaf Route:Scheldt...that's been giving me lots...another great book is Tug of War...

achappelle -> (11/7/2001 5:34:00 AM)

Hey Pops,
If I remember right, there was a Polish Armoured Division attached to the Canadian Army. I think it was in action on the right flank of the Army's zone. I read the book Maple Leaf Against The Axis, had some good battle anecdotes, no real battlefield maps. I'll try to find the books you mention. Specifically need some top maps, so I can draw up the battlefields.
Thanks

Red Baron -> (11/7/2001 6:48:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksandr Morozov:
Does anyone know of any online resources that have maps of the Scheldt Estuary, spec. Walcheren Island area. Want to do a battle or ten revolving around the Canucks and Poles who fought there.
Thanks

Hi there..
I once started to make a Walcheren campaign designed for SP3, but i droped due the shortcomings in SP3. HavnŽt found time to do it in WAW yet - too many other related tasks ) - but iŽd collected a lot of material related to that particually part of the war. iŽll see what i can put together and thaen i mail it to you..
Regards..Michael.

pops -> (11/7/2001 9:54:00 AM)

...yes the Poles were involved to the east or right flank I believe...north of the Turnhout Canal...don't think they went to Walcheren...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI