Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Curious about AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Curious about AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Curious about AI - 4/29/2004 10:26:52 PM   
Chopain

I hope I didn't skip over this in another thread.

As most I have been comming back here a couple times a month just waiting for a release date. No one ever wants to play the orginal game with me because it is not Axis & Alies. So this game might be my dream come true.

Ok now for the question.

If I am France will it be hardcoded in the game that Austria and Prussia will have an X% chance to ally with each other. I'm hopeing that some countries will have a high chance to ally with each other as in real history. Might be to easy as France to fight opponets that randomly choose their allies. Ofcourse it may be fun to start that cyle of defeating Austria then declaring on Prussia over and over again.
Post #: 1
RE: Curious about AI - 4/30/2004 2:13:05 AM   
yammahoper

I say, France gives Turkey $50 on the first eco phase (and $30 each eco phase afterward), allowing them to declare war on Austria while Turkey has a numbers advantage. Then, France keys off into poor Prussia with its big quality army but no leaders. After CRUSHING Prussia and getting some nice land, rollinto Austria and force the surrender. Unfortunately, the Turk will want the land for his new corps. On the bright side, the Turkish/Franco allience is now ready to crush Russia in early 1806. Ah, who ever thought the entire continent could be taken so quickly?

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Chopain)
Post #: 2
RE: Curious about AI - 4/30/2004 11:14:24 AM   
ardilla

Well, your plan is very nice, but plans like that never come true....

What about Spain and GB? What will happend if Russia get allied with Prusia, Ru and Pru against FR will not be an easy cookie....and Austria will crush Tu by it self...

But this are some of the things could happend in your plan for France...

Santiago y cierra España!!!

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 3
RE: Curious about AI - 5/1/2004 4:54:40 PM   
yammahoper

Geez, thanks for the reality check So much for hegemony in three simple steps.

Time for a new plan. I shall seize Rome and hold it ransom for ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

yamma

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 4
RE: Curious about AI - 5/5/2004 5:46:07 AM   
demonterico

Hey yamma I think you meant to say - One Meeellion Dollars

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 5
RE: Curious about AI - 5/7/2004 4:20:29 AM   
Pippin

There better damn sure be a back-stab list...

If you know one guy keeps backstabbing, DO NOT ALLY WITH HIM!

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to demonterico)
Post #: 6
RE: Curious about AI - 5/7/2004 4:31:09 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pippin
If you know one guy keeps backstabbing, DO NOT ALLY WITH HIM!

Unless, of course, you can make it work to your advantage ... by backstabbing him first ... by putting him in the "cannon fodder" position where his backstab does nothing more than open up new fields of conquest for you ... by destroying his credibility so that those with whom he might want to ally later won't trust him - leaving him at your doorstep like the grasshopper at the ant's lair begging for shelter and food ...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 7
RE: Curious about AI - 5/7/2004 5:08:36 AM   
Pippin

LOL!!!!!!

But.. wouldn't you feel guilty... doing somewhat the same thing back? :P

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 8
RE: Curious about AI - 5/9/2004 4:43:26 PM   
yammahoper

There are lots of ways to be back stabbed in EIA. Repayment of funds lent cannot be enforced, nor does an ally have to lend even when he said he would.

Perhaps the most damaging form of backstab is when two nations, such as Austria and Prussia, attack one nation, like France or Russia. One ally will hold back, not committing an equal number of forces into the fray, causing his ally to absorb the bulk of the wars causualties. I have watched many a player unwittingly weaken himself only to find when the war is over, he is ripe for invasion by another power, perhaps even his old ally.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 9
RE: Curious about AI - 5/9/2004 5:40:38 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

There are lots of ways to be back stabbed in EIA. Repayment of funds lent cannot be enforced, nor does an ally have to lend even when he said he would.

Perhaps the most damaging form of backstab is when two nations, such as Austria and Prussia, attack one nation, like France or Russia. One ally will hold back, not committing an equal number of forces into the fray, causing his ally to absorb the bulk of the wars causualties. I have watched many a player unwittingly weaken himself only to find when the war is over, he is ripe for invasion by another power, perhaps even his old ally.

yamma

This is the "cannon fodder" position...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Curious about AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI