Curious about AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Chopain -> Curious about AI (4/29/2004 10:26:52 PM)

I hope I didn't skip over this in another thread.[:)]

As most I have been comming back here a couple times a month just waiting for a release date. No one ever wants to play the orginal game with me because it is not Axis & Alies.[:@] So this game might be my dream come true.

Ok now for the question.

If I am France will it be hardcoded in the game that Austria and Prussia will have an X% chance to ally with each other. I'm hopeing that some countries will have a high chance to ally with each other as in real history. Might be to easy as France to fight opponets that randomly choose their allies. Ofcourse it may be fun to start that cyle of defeating Austria then declaring on Prussia over and over again.

yammahoper -> RE: Curious about AI (4/30/2004 2:13:05 AM)

I say, France gives Turkey $50 on the first eco phase (and $30 each eco phase afterward), allowing them to declare war on Austria while Turkey has a numbers advantage. Then, France keys off into poor Prussia with its big quality army but no leaders. After CRUSHING Prussia and getting some nice land, rollinto Austria and force the surrender. Unfortunately, the Turk will want the land for his new corps. On the bright side, the Turkish/Franco allience is now ready to crush Russia in early 1806. Ah, who ever thought the entire continent could be taken so quickly?

yamma

ardilla -> RE: Curious about AI (4/30/2004 11:14:24 AM)

Well, your plan is very nice, but plans like that never come true....

What about Spain and GB? What will happend if Russia get allied with Prusia, Ru and Pru against FR will not be an easy cookie....and Austria will crush Tu by it self...

But this are some of the things could happend in your plan for France...

[8D]

yammahoper -> RE: Curious about AI (5/1/2004 4:54:40 PM)

Geez, thanks for the reality check[:(] So much for hegemony in three simple steps.

Time for a new plan. I shall seize Rome and hold it ransom for ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

yamma

demonterico -> RE: Curious about AI (5/5/2004 5:46:07 AM)

Hey yamma I think you meant to say - One Meeellion Dollars

Pippin -> RE: Curious about AI (5/7/2004 4:20:29 AM)

There better damn sure be a back-stab list...

If you know one guy keeps backstabbing, DO NOT ALLY WITH HIM!

pasternakski -> RE: Curious about AI (5/7/2004 4:31:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pippin
If you know one guy keeps backstabbing, DO NOT ALLY WITH HIM!

Unless, of course, you can make it work to your advantage ... by backstabbing him first ... by putting him in the "cannon fodder" position where his backstab does nothing more than open up new fields of conquest for you ... by destroying his credibility so that those with whom he might want to ally later won't trust him - leaving him at your doorstep like the grasshopper at the ant's lair begging for shelter and food ...

Pippin -> RE: Curious about AI (5/7/2004 5:08:36 AM)

LOL!!!!!!

But.. wouldn't you feel guilty... doing somewhat the same thing back? :P

yammahoper -> RE: Curious about AI (5/9/2004 4:43:26 PM)

There are lots of ways to be back stabbed in EIA. Repayment of funds lent cannot be enforced, nor does an ally have to lend even when he said he would.

Perhaps the most damaging form of backstab is when two nations, such as Austria and Prussia, attack one nation, like France or Russia. One ally will hold back, not committing an equal number of forces into the fray, causing his ally to absorb the bulk of the wars causualties. I have watched many a player unwittingly weaken himself only to find when the war is over, he is ripe for invasion by another power, perhaps even his old ally.

yamma

pasternakski -> RE: Curious about AI (5/9/2004 5:40:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

There are lots of ways to be back stabbed in EIA. Repayment of funds lent cannot be enforced, nor does an ally have to lend even when he said he would.

Perhaps the most damaging form of backstab is when two nations, such as Austria and Prussia, attack one nation, like France or Russia. One ally will hold back, not committing an equal number of forces into the fray, causing his ally to absorb the bulk of the wars causualties. I have watched many a player unwittingly weaken himself only to find when the war is over, he is ripe for invasion by another power, perhaps even his old ally.

yamma

This is the "cannon fodder" position...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI