Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So, you like BIG battles...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> So, you like BIG battles... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So, you like BIG battles... - 11/9/2001 1:55:00 AM   
Warrior

I'm working on one that may tickle your fancy. The basic premise is that the Nazi's had some secret bases around the world where they planned to regroup and continue their quest to rule the world. You will lead a large force in assaulting their island stronghold. You'll command Marines, Army, and Anzac ground troops. There are commandos, Marine Raiders, Army paratroopers, gliders, and lots of air, artillery, and armor support. And believe me, you'll need all of them. Holding the island is a fanatical force of SS, Spec Ops, engineers, and enough gun emplacements and AA to stock the Seigfried Line - plus the new Fuhrer is there, and a few V1 & V2 rockets. The action takes place in February 1946. The island is tropical, but the jungle does not extend past the beach areas. I'm doing some final tweaking now, but it will be ready soon. It's not huge in terms of map size, but both sides are maxed out on troop purchases. Does it sound like something you'd like??? [ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 1
- 11/9/2001 2:01:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

I always considered making scens and campaigns, that if it is played by at least one person and it liked it, then it worth the effort, so, bring it in!

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 2
- 11/9/2001 2:03:00 AM   
Redleg

Having been privileged to see the map and exchange ideas with Warrior on this, I must say I am very intrigued. Warrior really turned his imagination loose on this one. I can attest to the tremendous amount of thought and effort he has put forth. If you like biggies, something different from the norm, and a variety of challenges to overcome, this is for you.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 3
- 11/9/2001 2:05:00 AM   
achappelle

Warrior, sounds cool, email me and I'd like to give it a shot.
Thanks

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 4
- 11/9/2001 2:54:00 AM   
Warrior

Thanks for the interest. Right now the Anzac commandos are having a bad time at the Fuhrer's Compound after wrecking the Missile Launch Facility. The B-25 reinforcements are doing a good job, but those gun casements are tough nuts to crack.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 5
- 11/9/2001 3:02:00 AM   
Tombstone

Sounds like a gratifying slugfest... I'll have to wait for it to be released tho. I just got too much crap going on. That's such a happy mix of forces, and I always thought it a shame that the Marines never got to give it to the Nazis. Tomo

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 6
- 11/9/2001 4:12:00 AM   
Toey

Sounds like a great battle! Bring it on!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 7
- 11/9/2001 4:49:00 AM   
Drex

I'll definitely give it a try.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 8
- 11/9/2001 8:08:00 PM   
Warrior

WHEW! I just finished my first full run-through: Over 4000 total casaulties! It was a marginal victory.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 9
- 11/10/2001 11:49:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

I have to try that one! "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 10
- 11/11/2001 11:13:00 AM   
Warrior

I hope to send "The Final Fortress" to Fabio next week, after some final testing by Redleg. In the meantime, I've been designing an "easy" version of the same battle for posting on the Raider's Arsenal page in December (if all goes well). The "easy" version has US Rangers, extra air support, more Marine Raiders & Anzac Commandos, Marine paratroopers, and Quad-50 halftracks. Oh, and did I mention King Tigers?

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 11
- 11/15/2001 5:28:00 AM   
Warrior

Well, it's basically done. Man, what a fight! Look for it on Fabio's site sometime next week (hopefully). I guarantee you won't get out of this one without a river of blood spilled. [ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 12
- 11/15/2001 7:01:00 AM   
Redleg

Warrior's "Final Fortress" is, without a doubt, the wildest brawl I have ever encountered in SP of any version! Wow. My USMC Raider squad moves a single hex into a wooded hex and an SS Sqd and MG 42 destroy it.
Rest of the platoon takes cover and calls for mortar fire. Next turn, the SS and MG are suppressed but still have some fight in them. But the Raiders prevail in this very small part of the battle. On another front, while approaching the Fuhrer's Compound, my troops are pinned so I call for some Napalm on the offending 88, SS sqd and supporting MG42. Alas, while the napalm does its work on the Germans, it also fries some of my own troops. Just a couple of very small incidents from among many. Believe me, this battle has several things like this each turn. A lot of gaming in a single package. Try it!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 13
- 11/16/2001 3:55:00 PM   
Gen.Urquhart

lookin' forward to play it Warrior!!!!Great idea!!!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 14
- 11/16/2001 8:07:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Gen.Urquhart:
lookin' forward to play it Warrior!!!!Great idea!!!
Gen. Urquhart: Drop me an email and I'll send it to you. [ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 15
- 11/17/2001 2:34:00 AM   
Warrior

I've been told by a tester that I MUST mention the fact that the Fuhrer is on the island!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 16
- 11/17/2001 10:18:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

I'm the tester (ugh, hate that name). I'm at turn 6 and the battle is great. The map is simply beautiful. And lots of artillery and planes to call too. SS's are everywhere and they are really though guys. You have to advance carefully and think twice before entering some trees coming from open ground. P.S. - I wonder where Der Fuhrer is hidding....

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 17
- 11/17/2001 11:50:00 AM   
Redleg

The good news was I found the Fuhrer and his elite body guard. The bad news was I found the Fuhrer and his elite body guard! The map is very nice, isn't it?

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 18
- 11/17/2001 9:17:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg:
The good news was I found the Fuhrer and his elite body guard. The bad news was I found the Fuhrer and his elite body guard!
ROTFLMAO!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 19
- 11/18/2001 2:09:00 AM   
Frank W.

hey sir!!! can you read thoughts?? i did make a scen with similar idea
last month!! it takes place on feb. ´46,too....but playing in the bavarian woods. wanted to upload it in the scen depot,but there was something what went wrong... ps: time for one more e-mail game,after licking my wounds from another defeat by MOSH ?

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 20
- 11/18/2001 2:17:00 AM   
Frank W.

i forgot: send me the scen,too: eurec@web.de NO SPAM!! ps: if anyone is interested in my "MUSSOLINI´s RETURN" scen,e-mail me too. it´s only a medium map,but with some "non-standard" units,as the "WILD BUNCH" a fierce US special forces unit or some italian ALPINI´s on the other side...

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> So, you like BIG battles... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI