Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with Online game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Problems with Online game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Online game - 11/14/2001 11:44:00 PM   
Uglykid

Hi
I and my friend have wierd problems when using Online play style. Both have 6.1 version and same OOB files, still the Online game is full of bugs. Units have wrong weaponry, the weather is different for both and so on... is there any solution for these kind of problems. We are playing in local network. Because of these problems we have to play a Hotseat game. Theres nothing wrong with Hotseat games, except long waiting times

Im not crazy - I am Animator
Post #: 1
- 11/15/2001 1:26:00 AM   
Redleg

I have played several on-line games over the last few months and have not seen the problems you are describing. My experience has been, shut off opfire (especially if one or both players have) a modem connection. This really slows things down - a lot. Playing a relatively small (battalion or less) size battle seems to help also. If you are playing a scenario, it may be that the scenario designer may have armed some units in a custom way. Or, the designer may have made some sort of mistake in arms - that happens to me sometimes.

(in reply to Uglykid)
Post #: 2
- 11/15/2001 2:17:00 AM   
heintz28

I've played numerous online games over the last 2 months against various opponents (event 3& 4 player games). I saw non off the strange things.
Only minor anomolies. Every now and then a vehicle is destroyed then pops back to life. a few others ....
I dont know if this will help... but when strange things happen i delete the steel.prf in the save directory.
Are you sure everyone has same OOB even though save game version? oob might vary just a guess. I have had a very enjoyable time in online SPWAW. Hope you can too!
good luck.

(in reply to Uglykid)
Post #: 3
- 11/15/2001 7:51:00 AM   
Alby

Ive seen things with wrong weapons, both of you save game and restart from save., that usually fixes it.

(in reply to Uglykid)
Post #: 4
- 11/15/2001 2:57:00 PM   
Uglykid

Thanks for tips guys! Ill try them and see does they help! Thanks again!

Im not crazy - I am Animator

(in reply to Uglykid)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Problems with Online game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI