Problems with Online game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Uglykid -> Problems with Online game (11/14/2001 11:44:00 PM)

Hi
I and my friend have wierd problems when using Online play style. Both have 6.1 version and same OOB files, still the Online game is full of bugs. Units have wrong weaponry, the weather is different for both and so on... is there any solution for these kind of problems. We are playing in local network. Because of these problems we have to play a Hotseat game. Theres nothing wrong with Hotseat games, except long waiting times

Redleg -> (11/15/2001 1:26:00 AM)

I have played several on-line games over the last few months and have not seen the problems you are describing. My experience has been, shut off opfire (especially if one or both players have) a modem connection. This really slows things down - a lot. Playing a relatively small (battalion or less) size battle seems to help also. If you are playing a scenario, it may be that the scenario designer may have armed some units in a custom way. Or, the designer may have made some sort of mistake in arms - that happens to me sometimes.

heintz28 -> (11/15/2001 2:17:00 AM)

I've played numerous online games over the last 2 months against various opponents (event 3& 4 player games). I saw non off the strange things.
Only minor anomolies. Every now and then a vehicle is destroyed then pops back to life. a few others ....
I dont know if this will help... but when strange things happen i delete the steel.prf in the save directory.
Are you sure everyone has same OOB even though save game version? oob might vary just a guess. I have had a very enjoyable time in online SPWAW. Hope you can too!
good luck.

Alby -> (11/15/2001 7:51:00 AM)

Ive seen things with wrong weapons, both of you save game and restart from save., that usually fixes it.

Uglykid -> (11/15/2001 2:57:00 PM)

Thanks for tips guys! Ill try them and see does they help! Thanks again!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI