Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB - 12/4/2001 7:12:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Hi Guille! I am playing HH campaign and I'm really enjoin it! Intro text says that if I want to play historically I have to choose a M4A3 Sherman Platoon.
I did so.
I have lost one of my tanks during first battle (minor victory). I'm now at fix & rebuilt screen and I have enough points as to upgrade my lost tank to an Easy 8 or a M-10.
My question is: may I buy one of this or have I to fix my M4A3?
I want to play historically.

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end
Post #: 1
- 12/4/2001 10:07:00 AM   
Figmo

I'm sure Bill will answer the question for you but one thing I wouldn't do is get the M-10. An open top AFV in the forest - not a good idea IMO.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 2
- 12/4/2001 10:13:00 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

In "After The Battle" magazine there is an article on the Hurtgen battle. And guess what, there is a pic of M10s heading up a trail there. I would reason that with open top you would have better spotting chance on sneaking Huns..

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 3
- 12/4/2001 12:07:00 PM   
generalrichmond

If you go with the M-10, be careful of any panzerwurfmine-throwing chimps in the trees, and beware their banana bombs, too. Oh, and watch out for flying cows. THAT is a real casualty causer... Personally, I'd just buy replace the M4whatever.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 4
- 12/4/2001 8:57:00 PM   
GrinningDwarf

quote:

Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse FUTURE:
In "After The Battle" magazine there is an article on the Hurtgen battle. And guess what, there is a pic of M10s heading up a trail there. I would reason that with open top you would have better spotting chance on sneaking Huns..
M-10s would be historically accurate, and they might be able to spot Huns better....but the again, yer open top isn't gonna be much help to yer crew when the arty starts bursting in the tree tops, sending schrapnel and debris raining down on yer heads.

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 5
- 12/5/2001 7:14:00 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

quote:

Originally posted by GrinningDwarf:
M-10s would be historically accurate, and they might be able to spot Huns better....but the again, yer open top isn't gonna be much help to yer crew when the arty starts bursting in the tree tops, sending schrapnel and debris raining down on yer heads.
I agree with you on that. But thats the chance you take in combat.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 6
- 12/5/2001 7:15:00 AM   
Figmo

quote:

Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse FUTURE:
Love the graphics Ross!! Actually, I wasn't thinking of historical accuracy - more of self preservation. I'll have dig out my old dusty book on the Hurtgen - I'm sure your right - but it doesn't hurt to look.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 7
- 12/5/2001 10:19:00 AM   
Wild Bill

My advice, replace the Sherman with another. M-10s are provided for you in supplemental forces. Its a hard call either way, and both have advantages. Me? I stick with the Sherman, maybe upgrade it if possible Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI