THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Gallo Rojo -> THE HATED HURTGEN a question to WB (12/4/2001 7:12:00 AM)

Hi Guille! I am playing HH campaign and I'm really enjoin it! Intro text says that if I want to play historically I have to choose a M4A3 Sherman Platoon.
I did so.
I have lost one of my tanks during first battle (minor victory). I'm now at fix & rebuilt screen and I have enough points as to upgrade my lost tank to an Easy 8 or a M-10.
My question is: may I buy one of this or have I to fix my M4A3?
I want to play historically.

Figmo -> (12/4/2001 10:07:00 AM)

I'm sure Bill will answer the question for you but one thing I wouldn't do is get the M-10. An open top AFV in the forest - not a good idea IMO.

Ross Moorhouse -> (12/4/2001 10:13:00 AM)

In "After The Battle" magazine there is an article on the Hurtgen battle. And guess what, there is a pic of M10s heading up a trail there. I would reason that with open top you would have better spotting chance on sneaking Huns..

generalrichmond -> (12/4/2001 12:07:00 PM)

If you go with the M-10, be careful of any panzerwurfmine-throwing chimps in the trees, and beware their banana bombs, too. Oh, and watch out for flying cows. THAT is a real casualty causer... Personally, I'd just buy replace the M4whatever.

GrinningDwarf -> (12/4/2001 8:57:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse FUTURE:
In "After The Battle" magazine there is an article on the Hurtgen battle. And guess what, there is a pic of M10s heading up a trail there. I would reason that with open top you would have better spotting chance on sneaking Huns..
M-10s would be historically accurate, and they might be able to spot Huns better....but the again, yer open top isn't gonna be much help to yer crew when the arty starts bursting in the tree tops, sending schrapnel and debris raining down on yer heads.

Ross Moorhouse -> (12/5/2001 7:14:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by GrinningDwarf:
M-10s would be historically accurate, and they might be able to spot Huns better....but the again, yer open top isn't gonna be much help to yer crew when the arty starts bursting in the tree tops, sending schrapnel and debris raining down on yer heads.
I agree with you on that. But thats the chance you take in combat.

Figmo -> (12/5/2001 7:15:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse FUTURE:
Love the graphics Ross!! Actually, I wasn't thinking of historical accuracy - more of self preservation. I'll have dig out my old dusty book on the Hurtgen - I'm sure your right - but it doesn't hurt to look.

Wild Bill -> (12/5/2001 10:19:00 AM)

My advice, replace the Sherman with another. M-10s are provided for you in supplemental forces. Its a hard call either way, and both have advantages. Me? I stick with the Sherman, maybe upgrade it if possible Wild Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI