Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

May be I'm getting old

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> May be I'm getting old Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
May be I'm getting old - 12/10/2001 8:09:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Yesterday my son has finally finished the installation of the new harddisk so I could make my first steps into SPWAW. At once I realised it's well worth the price I paid for MCNA and the price I intend to pay for the forthcoming Megacampaigns, many thanks to the Matrix-team But to my disappointment I also realised that I need new glasses or is there another way to have the writing a bit more readable?

Post #: 1
- 12/10/2001 8:49:00 PM   
Warrior

If you speaking of text on the battle map, you can zoom in. Otherwise, it's new glasses. I had a pair specifically made for the range from my chair to the computer screen.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to K G von Martinez)
Post #: 2
- 12/10/2001 9:16:00 PM   
richmonder

hmm. could you explain that, warrior? what makes them unique as to construction?

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

Post #: 3
- 12/10/2001 11:52:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by richmonder:
hmm. could you explain that, warrior? what makes them unique as to construction?
I have astigmatism, and needed all three sight distances corrected: far, mid, & near (reading, etc). But the typical mid-range correction has a focal point that's set further away than my computer. So, I had an extra pair of cheap bi-focals made with the mid-range focal point set to the approximate length from my eyes to my computer screen (an arm length + 6 inches, in my estimation). This works really well for me, though they're not much good for anything else. Having the bifocal, I can also use them for reading glasses at the computer desk. But, if I were going to do it again, I'd forget the bi-focal part for reading and just have them mid-range correction for the computer, since I don't read at the desk very much. It would be nice if all the physical changes of aging could be conpensated for so easily.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 4
- 12/11/2001 12:52:00 AM   
Redleg

My brother also had some glasses made just for the computer - alas, he has left the SPWAW fold and is off on other things. Worked for him. I use amber-colored glasses which seems to help me see things on-screen.

Post #: 5
- 12/11/2001 1:42:00 AM   
panda124c

If I remember correctly, glasses are only part of my getting old, there is a special type of glasses for use with computers they have a medium focal length and help with the contrast. Ask you Optomitrist (ah another problem I can no longer spell )

Post #: 6
- 12/11/2001 12:20:00 PM   
tracer

kgvm: what size monitor are you using? There's plenty of inexpensive 19 inchers in the stores...saw a no-name model at Comp USA for $199.
Probably about the same price as a new pair o' specs

Jim NSB

Post #: 7
- 12/11/2001 2:09:00 PM   
chief

Kgvm: I also wear bifocals and had a pair of 'Computer glasses' made by an Optometrist. Later I found out what he did was make a copy of my Bifocal portion (2.5mag)for 80 clams, later found out I could have bought reading glasses for comp use for 19 clams at Drugstore.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> May be I'm getting old Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI