Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wimpy computer purchasing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wimpy computer purchasing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wimpy computer purchasing - 12/17/2001 7:14:00 AM   
Larry Smith

I have noticed that on occassion, the computer purchases considerably less than it should. I have a force that it now, with upgraded, nearing the 10k mark {I have 2 companies of armour, one of infantry, one battery each of SPH, SPMtr, SPG, SPATG}-so, its big. Usually, the computer's force screen {during the end report}, is at least four pages long. Sometimes, however, it buys a mere company sized force to hit my {much} reinforced battalion. Even the computer should know that the attack to defense ratio has to be 3-1 for success. And the Germans were more proficient throughout than their enemies were, skewing the ratio in their favour {less-so towards the end}. I have the purchase points set to XXX, thinking that the computer would match me. Recently, I did the British purchase myself, and for an assault, they had 60k+ to use! I also noted that, after the batte, my saved-up points for upgrades {at 80k+} was now only 4k+! I think the computer used my points to purchase. Wierd! Any thoughts on this, or should I just stop putting egg-nog in my coffee in place of creamer.

Post #: 1
- 12/17/2001 10:10:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

That Happens when you roll over the game engine limits on points ... you might even see yourself at some point getting negative values of rebuild points if you accumilate to many.. and other weird numerical things .. just a limit of the game engine as much as the limit to the number of units or formations you can buy .

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Larry Smith)
Post #: 2
- 12/17/2001 5:39:00 PM   
El

Yep..For example the number of casualties I had made during my campaign turned negative at around 32k. Well maybe my doctors are better at curing dead russians than my own soldiers Mannerheim

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make some other poor sob die for his."
-Patton?

(in reply to Larry Smith)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wimpy computer purchasing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI