Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 9:01:04 AM   
rawink

Remember last time this happened?

All the hype and pre-order insanity of UV?

Well, I paid the initial price for UV, and I paid for the expedited, next day air. I did everything I could do and paid whatever it took to make sure if it released on a Monday I would have it tuesday morning.

well.. Matrix released it and 2 days later, still no UV. So I called matrix.. INSTANTLY I got David Heath. After a couple minutes we realized the game left Matrix and it was a FedEx issue. in the next few days I had no less than 4 chats with Mr. Heath about it.. with him calling ME to make sure I was ok. hmm, None of the big shots at EA have ever called me to see if I was happy or not.

I got the game 3 days late.. after spending the extra $25 for overnight.. and while I was a bit annoyed with FedEx for costing me that much money for nothing.. the time and devotion from Matrix during this was worth far more than $25 could ever purchase. The good will they generated with me will insure I will purchase any title they produce that suits my interest without any worry as to if it will be supported by them.

As much as I want WITP tonight.. I have complete faith that this will be done right. And even if something happens again.. I purchase the DD and something bad happens and I can't get it.. I also have the faith that Matrix will through themselves in front of a buss to make me a happy customer.

It doesnt get any better than that. They have a customer for Life in me because I am not simply a credit card number.

Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
Post #: 1
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 10:18:13 AM   
Platoonist

Time to call the Better Business Bureau.....and tell them you found an actual better business.

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 2
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 10:29:54 AM   
norsemanjs

Your experience definitely shows the caliber of people at Matrix. Although you had a problem and right to be upset. They worked with you and kept in touch even after it was found to be with the Fed Ex and not a Matrix issue. I'm impressed..there are not that many companies of ANY kind that give that sort of service to their customers.

It is difficult to wait, but posts like this give me some comfort that Matrix will get it out to us all as soon as it is ready. Definitely a quality bunch of people.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 10:38:17 AM   
nico71

Does that mean that there are still some idealists in this business? Thought I saw the last one in the days of the C64!

(in reply to norsemanjs)
Post #: 4
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 2:09:05 PM   
Ron Saueracker

When I first found this forum I bought two copies of UV and had them FedExed as well. Same story...FedEx took ages for delivery and when I made a self pitying comment on the forum lamenting my lack of UV, Matrix was right on it. Pretty nice in today's world of dehumanized lack of service and support.

Confusing title for the thread...maybe "Warm and Fuzzy Matrix/UV Experience."

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 5
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 4:02:18 PM   
rawink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

When I first found this forum I bought two copies of UV and had them FedExed as well. Same story...FedEx took ages for delivery and when I made a self pitying comment on the forum lamenting my lack of UV, Matrix was right on it. Pretty nice in today's world of dehumanized lack of service and support.

Confusing title for the thread...maybe "Warm and Fuzzy Matrix/UV Experience."

well, consider all the n00bs attacking Matrix last night.. if I posted in a "HAPPY" sounding title, it would have been ignored.. this way all the malcontents read it :)

Robert

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 6
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 4:05:56 PM   
rawink

from the UV forums..

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=207083&key=

Robert

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 7
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 6:15:40 PM   
Arnir

Just out of curiosity, shouldn't Fed Ex have refunded the money if they couldn't get it there in time? I thought that was part of their service guarantee?

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 8
RE: My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience - 7/1/2004 6:36:53 PM   
incbob

I have only purchased one other item (I am counting WiTP already) from Matrix so I can't really confirm or deny their customer service.
However, overall I find that small companies such as Matrix and 2by3 do a MUCH better job then the big boys. Look at WiTP. None of the big boys would ever have touched a project like this because they wouldn't have made enough money for thier time. WiTP is as much a labor of love with a community to support it as much as it is anything else. That is why I am willing to wait around for a DD to buy it. Because I know the love that has been put into the game will make it good.

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> My Horrible Matrix/UV Experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI