Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

colour corruption

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> colour corruption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
colour corruption - 7/2/2004 11:41:48 AM   
proberts

whilst playing 8.20 on a xp machine the colours of the units turn to multicolours ,smoke is bright blue it even effects the menus i seem to remember this from earlier versions but it hasnt happened for a long time anybody remember what the problem was ? pity this is happening the new version seems just great
Post #: 1
RE: colour corruption - 7/2/2004 12:58:20 PM   
wodin

I have no problem and am using XP

(in reply to proberts)
Post #: 2
RE: colour corruption - 7/2/2004 2:55:36 PM   
m10bob

I experienced this on W98 and on XP if I had any other windows open at the same time.(SPWAW is a real power hog because of it's intense graphics and detail)..Close any other windows and in fact it's best to just open the game from a fresh boot rather than your CPU still providing power for closed applications...The problem should go away..If not,I suspect you have "hidden" applications running in the background,in which case I reccomend you acquire "Spookbot" or a similar application to check for same??(I got mine on download.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: colour corruption - 7/2/2004 4:14:34 PM   
Billy Yank

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmphil

whilst playing 8.20 on a xp machine the colours of the units turn to multicolours ,smoke is bright blue it even effects the menus i seem to remember this from earlier versions but it hasnt happened for a long time anybody remember what the problem was ? pity this is happening the new version seems just great

I've had that happen when my automatic wallpaper changer switched pictures during a game. Do you have one of those running?

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to proberts)
Post #: 4
RE: colour corruption - 7/2/2004 9:00:12 PM   
proberts

thanks for the comments guys but i found the problem my cpu was running at 28-34% occupancy with nothing running at first thought it was spyware but it was a program called CISVC.EXE ( Microsoft Index Service Helper, )
a service that monitors the memory usage of Microsoft Indexing Service (cidaemon.exe) and automatically re-starts cidaemon.exe if it uses more than 40 MB of memory
i closed this down by stopping indexing services and all is well
8.20 seems to be very good the ai seems better anyway and the graphics crisper
regards phil

(in reply to Billy Yank)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> colour corruption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI