Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? - 7/6/2004 2:52:17 AM   
Tequila

In my campaigns I've always played with it on. I played with it on in my first pbem but my previous two opponents turned it off.

I'm really confused as to what is the most fair setting to both players and I really want feedback from the experienced pros as to what you feel is the best setting. If you don't know what it does it makes your troops cost more to purchase based on their experience.

If it's off then a German player has a pretty big advantage over another player since troops cost the same no matter what the experience. However at the same time if it's on then the Russians can buy a bazillion troops since they are so much cheaper due to the lack of experience.

How does everyone feel on this? It seems a rather important setting in PBEM games so I'm looking for as much feedback as possible.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? - 7/7/2004 12:59:10 AM   
VikingNo2

I play with true troop on and country characteristics on as well, I feel with true troop on you get advantages and disadvantages. If you play with true troop off but counrty on the Russian and the US have a big advantage IMO. I actually play with everything on except CC

(in reply to Tequila)
Post #: 2
RE: Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? - 7/8/2004 3:01:51 AM   
Major Destruction

With True troop on you will pay more for recon or elite units and less for secondline troops.
This is an important consideration if you also play with command control on.

If your opponent buys a lot of airborne or elite (SS) units and insists on True Troop off, he is getting better units at bargain prices.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI