Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Tequila -> Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? (7/6/2004 2:52:17 AM)

In my campaigns I've always played with it on. I played with it on in my first pbem but my previous two opponents turned it off.

I'm really confused as to what is the most fair setting to both players and I really want feedback from the experienced pros as to what you feel is the best setting. If you don't know what it does it makes your troops cost more to purchase based on their experience.

If it's off then a German player has a pretty big advantage over another player since troops cost the same no matter what the experience. However at the same time if it's on then the Russians can buy a bazillion troops since they are so much cheaper due to the lack of experience.

How does everyone feel on this? It seems a rather important setting in PBEM games so I'm looking for as much feedback as possible.

Thanks.

VikingNo2 -> RE: Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? (7/7/2004 12:59:10 AM)

I play with true troop on and country characteristics on as well, I feel with true troop on you get advantages and disadvantages. If you play with true troop off but counrty on the Russian and the US have a big advantage IMO. I actually play with everything on except CC

Major Destruction -> RE: Should True Troop be on or off in PBEM games? (7/8/2004 3:01:51 AM)

With True troop on you will pay more for recon or elite units and less for secondline troops.
This is an important consideration if you also play with command control on.

If your opponent buys a lot of airborne or elite (SS) units and insists on True Troop off, he is getting better units at bargain prices.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI