Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SdKfz 222 Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> SdKfz 222 Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SdKfz 222 Question - 7/3/2004 3:25:43 AM   
John Galt

Working through MC Desert Fox. I've probably been through a dozen battles and have only seen my sdkfz 222s with a recon capability only one time. Aren't these vehicles supposed to have recon ability? I get the entire core force of them but they don't say they are recon vehicles. Should I edit the OOB or something?

Experience is the teacher that gives the test first and the lesson last.

John Galt
Post #: 1
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/7/2004 11:06:00 PM   
RobertS

It's strictly a formation issue. The scenario creator may not have had the recon flag set for these units' formation. If you've been purchasing these units yourself and they're recon, you're okay. If not, just add "1" to the formation.

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 2
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/8/2004 1:44:45 AM   
John Galt

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertS
If not, just add "1" to the formation.

Robert, I don't know what that means. Can you explain please?

John Galt

(in reply to RobertS)
Post #: 3
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/8/2004 3:03:14 AM   
RobertS

The "1" would be placed in the "Special" field when viewing the formation list using the OOB editor. But it looks like 8.0 already has the codes there at least for Germany's armored cars so I don't think you need to check the OOB. If you want to fix a particular scenario with pre-existing non-recon armored cars, you would have to load it in the scenario editor, and replace the formation. Using the "change unit" function wouldn't work.

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 4
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/8/2004 3:37:01 AM   
Major Destruction

Desert Fox was designed using version 5.x.
In this version the armoured cars were not given the special 1 flag (code) that makes them recon units.
This has been corrected in later versions but the only way to fix this (in the Desert Fox MC) is to edit each scenario using the latest version of the game by deleting each armoured car formation and then repurchasing and redeploying it.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to RobertS)
Post #: 5
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/8/2004 4:16:37 AM   
John Galt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Destruction
the only way to fix this (in the Desert Fox MC) is to edit each scenario using the latest version of the game by deleting each armoured car formation and then repurchasing and redeploying it.

I didn't know this kind of thing could be done while I am in the campaign. When would I do something like this? How do I delete a formation? As I move from battle to battle everything is already deployed. I didn't realize I had any options at all.

Robert, you're right. My OOB already has the "1" value.

< Message edited by John Galt -- 7/7/2004 9:17:16 PM >

John Galt

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 6
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/8/2004 3:00:47 PM   
John Galt

BTW, I have read KG Erwin's "editing OOB 101" from pinned topics. But still have the questions from above. Thanks.

John Galt

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 7
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/9/2004 5:33:20 AM   
Major Destruction

You need to edit the scenario that you will be going to next. This would mean copying the scenario from the MC folder to the scen folder (in a vacant slot) and then opening that scenario in the editor to make the changes. Once your enter the scenario you can not make permanent changes.

you could try saving the turn then renaming the save files to scen files and editing there. It would only fix your units in that scenario and would probably spoil the game for you - from the pov of any surprises the scenario might hold.

Whatever you choose to do, it is not a simple thing and quite time-consuming.

Oh, btw, the scenario files in campaigns only contain the .dat file therefore you need to rmember which slot you named your scenario to since it will not show up in the scenario list. I like to rename one of the early scenarios, say scen007.dat to scen007orig.dat then copy my imported scenario to the scen007 slot. I think that scenario is the tiger tank tutorial. Now, when I open the editor, I edit the Tiger tank tutorial which is the scenario from the campaign. Copy the edited scenario back to the MC and rechange the name to whatever it was originally.

Confused?

Did I mention that this was not easy?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 8
RE: SdKfz 222 Question - 7/10/2004 1:40:45 AM   
John Galt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Destruction
Confused? Did I mention that this was not easy?

Yes, and yes. I think I will use the stock version.

Thanks for all the answers here.

John Galt

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> SdKfz 222 Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI