Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

uniforms agian please help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> uniforms agian please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 1:13:49 AM   
crazyivan

hi all can someone please help me ..........
i'm playing a long camp as germans vs russians.i have started in defualt date 1941 dec.
among my force i have picked asult pioneers company which are in german field gray.but also i have picked a ss company and they are also in field gray.
i'm sure in vs 8.1 they should be in camo has this been changed or do the ss camo uniforms come onto play in latter years.

also can any one futher in ligten me to why the basic sand colour unforms of any enemy units no matter whatnation appear in my games.they only revert back to there right colour after taking KIA's

if i DL the new graphic skins for infantry ie russian german japanes etc will these help.or like the last ones all axis ened up being the same colour etc no ss camo.

i love this game and much thanks to all whom have amde this fantastic game i have been playing it since its birth.

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
RE: uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 1:34:22 AM   
Losqualo

The German Infantry units are always gray. The SS units use the same graphics. AFAIK, every Infantry unit in the game uses the same graphic, only the colors change. That's why your opponents colours shift. The graphic is the same, only the colour changes.
Have you tried to delet your steel.prf file? Another thing is to restart SP:WAW and see if the colours are back to normal.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
RE: uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 5:46:16 AM   
KG Erwin

This isn't a big issue. It's been going on for years. It's just a game quirk, so deal with it. It happened with the original icons, and it's happening with the new or modded ones.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 3
RE: uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 6:56:53 AM   
FlashfyreSP

There are only 4 SHP files with infantry graphics; each one a different color. One is Field Grey, one is Olive Drab, one is Dark Brown, and the last is Desert Tan. You will see different uniforms for the same units depending on the date and place of battle, as well as the nations involved.

For instance, British vs German in 1944 meand Olive Drab for Brits, Grey for Germans. Same battle in 1942 yields Desert Tan for Brits, Grey for Germans.

Unfortunately, there is no way to implement SS camo colors.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 5:01:49 PM   
KG Erwin

Flashfyre, there IS a mod floating around for converting the German infantry to SS camo. The only catch is, it would apply to ALL German infantry units, as you can have only one infantry icon for each nation.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 5
RE: uniforms agian please help - 7/10/2004 9:17:26 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Yes, KG, what I meant was that there is no way to separate the SS infantry icons from the basic German icons.

I suppose someone could make a set with neon green, if they wanted to...or just use the old SP ones (those awful green and blue ones ).

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> uniforms agian please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI