Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: wish list for patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: wish list for patch Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 2:54:25 AM   
Point Luck

I would like to have a map of the whole game that can be opened up in paint so that I can ALT/TAB to and use as a plotting map. something with the grid hexes on it would be real nice.

sorry no can do

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 2:49:57 AM >

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 61
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 3:48:13 AM   
norsemanjs

How about a screen showing list of the industrial sites and showing the percentage of the sites capacity being utilized.

added to list

Something to give us a warning if we don't have adequate resource, oil, etc.

I am not always certain everything is operating the way it's supposed to. We should have some good way to check this other than checking to see if the pool increased.

Also perhaps a column showing how much was recently added to the pool in the last turn.
added to list

Thanks

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 2:52:00 AM >

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 62
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 4:27:17 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: infinitejest

quote:

There are some files, if you look arounf the directories a bit, which actually keep up with a lot of things you wouldn't expect, though I bet they're accesible in the game proper somewhere.

Yeah, those files are viewable in game as the combat report, the operations report, and the sigint report. All of them are useful, but I want additional messages (like arriving ships) listed somewhere ingame (like in the operational report) so I don't have to watch or replay the turn to get all the information I would have got if I had watched the turn.

Its a bit to open explorer and go to the files to open the .txt file,
a button in each report to save as a text file so you could quickly save any turns battlereports to a folder on system for later use might be useful, it basically would then simply copy the .txt file in save folder to another folder for safekeeping... or better auto load it into say notepad where one could then save as in notepad to an holding folder.. humm?

(in reply to infinitejest)
Post #: 63
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 4:32:45 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: turn2

1) Wherever you find a hex designation (ex. 114,34 ), i would like to have a link to the map to see where that hex is.

2) a waypoint system for tfs. Moving tfs from San Francisco to OZ can be problematic when they boldly sail through enemy territory. Now, i get around this by making OZ home base and the destination somewhere safe in the south pacific well out from enemy coverage. But then I have to repeat the process for the return journey and it can get to be a lot of work.

Yes, waypoints would be nice, as it is I set TF for the destination , after sail I modify the route as needed by setting destination to an ocean hex in a path I prefer, updating the path each turn..

(in reply to turn2)
Post #: 64
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 4:36:33 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pappy

Matrix support for a SansSerif font that many of us have already switched to and boy are our tired old eyes happy we did. See thread in Support forum if you want to change.

YES! Moreso since its not that good to modify games by modifying a system wide used one, better, a way to choose in game options Sanseriff, one at present and Any OTHERS that would be workable in their game so one would have a choice even if its a limited choice, a third font might be good as sansseriff might not be best for some

(in reply to FirstPappy)
Post #: 65
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 5:27:13 AM   
mjk428

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: mjk428

1) A "Previous/Next Base" button and hotkeys. If possible: sorted by size of base and/or each region.

This is already in the game...click on a base....lower part where it has the base's name are two arrows....try them

True, I should have been more clear. A "Previous/Next Base" button and hotkeys that do not cause the base window to close when going to the next base. The button you refer to closes the base screen and is of limited usefullness for me.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 66
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 11:08:35 AM   
Xargun

My biggest concern right now is the inability to mark anything on the map. I would love to be able to place tags on the map that would pull up whatever we wanted to type into it.

Added to list

Also when I view my SigInt reports and it says radio transmissions from hex xx,yy... That hex is a pain to locate - would love to be able to click on it and take right to the hex...

sorry no can do

Have tons of other wishes, but they are not possible, so I won't even open those cans of worms..

Xargun

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 2:53:14 AM >

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 67
Real save game hotkey - 7/10/2004 4:48:21 PM   
CommC

1. I would like a hot key to create a saved game. I know you'll tell me there already is one. But that key just takes you to the save game screen where at least two more mouse clicks are required to save the game in the savegame "slots".

I would like a hotkey that simply saves the game with the a stamp or filename keyed to the current scenario name, game date and or turn #.

added to list

2. In general, we need added features that put the key game data more readily visible without a ton of mouse clicks. If I have to go around to every base hex and click on it multiple times just to find out how my units are doing, it will result in a long, boring game.

For example, I would like a key that would toggle a display of only ground units on the map. The ground units icons would be stacked in each hex and could be sorted through by a left mouse click. These would be on top of the base icons. On each ground unit would be a color coded indicator of the units combat strength and supply state: i.e. dark green for full health/supply, light green, yellow, orange, red for very low strength or supply. These indicator lights would be in addition to the markings for the units type and size.

sorry no can do

3. A hot key as #2 above that would do the same for air groups, bases, task forces.

sorry no can do

4. An additional preferences setting to turn off some of the message types that are flashed on the screen during turn execution. For example, I want to be able to turn off those infernal messages of each pilots kills. This may be a lovely touch for some hardcore gamers, but it is just way too much detail for a game of this scope. Now I am having to turn message delay to 0.1 seconds to get through these quickly, but am missing key info I need about recon results, etc.

already on list

5. I want to second the calls to be able to label the map with text and add the ability to draw on the map with arrows, routes, etc. Plus, it would nice to place a text icon in hex, which when clicked on opens a text window where we could put detailed notes. These should be settable so they can be viewable or not by the PBEM opponent.

sorry no can do

Overall, a great game though.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 2:57:49 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 68
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 4:49:21 PM   
PJJ

These improvements would be nice:

1)Player should be able to control the Auto Supply system more effectively, i.e. to select the amount of supply to be delivered to bases. This way the most important bases (like PH, Noumea etc.) could be kept properly supplied with huge amounts of war materiel. I want to fight, not to play Quartermaster General!

Already on the list

And why is the AI always selecting all the best admirals for the supply convoys?! I'm sure the AKs and TKs stay on course even without admirals like R. Tanaka!

Not a wish

2)Sub Ops should be improved, I think it would be great to have submarine HQs and patrol zones.

sorry no can do

3)Improve the font!!! It's absolutely horrible!!! I mean, you can't seriously expect that we are all just going to buy brand new 21" monitors just for WitP! How I miss the graphics of UV...

already on the list

And thank you for this great game, even with all its faults it's still a masterpiece!

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 2:59:53 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 69
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 5:03:11 PM   
Pascal_slith

Waypoints for TF movement orders.

Sorry, no can do

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:00:15 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 70
Vectors map overlay over sighted enemy TFs... - 7/10/2004 6:05:13 PM   
Apollo11

NOTE: Since this thread is selected as "special" I will repeat my wish(es) here...

Hi all,

I was the one of the UV folk who advocated the addition of additional info for sighted TFs (i.e. ship course and speed).

Therefore no one was happier than me when this was introduced in WitP !!!

Thank you Matrix/2By3 !!!

Nonetheless I have one additional great idea...

Leo's suggestion for additional map overlay for vectors of sighted TFs

There are already several map overlay options in UV (and I presume in WitP) as well.

F3 - Toggle plane range ON/OFF
F4 - Toggle TF move radius ON/OFF

etc.

What about new one that would draw vector (line with arrow) over every enemy spotted TF.

That vector would have the following attributes:

The vector's thickness would depend on how many enemy ships were sighted in certain TF.

The vector's length would depend on speed the enemy ships that were sighted in certain TF.

The vector's orientation would depend on course the enemy ships that were sighted in certain TF.

Using this the player would be able to very easily grasp picture of enemy movement (of TFs that were sighted) and this would help tremendously in situation awareness!

Since picture(s) tell more than 1000 words here I will show what I had in mind with my idea...

Here is what Allied player would see in current WitP when he discovers enemy TFs (the TFs are plotted on map but you don't see additional
info until you examine the TF with mouse and check the Intel report generated in execution phase):

And now here is what Allied player would see in WitP when he discovers enemy TFs and if he presses key combination to enable map
overlay for sighted enemy TFs (i.e. if my idea would be implemented):

NOTE: New info is presented with yellow vectors.

IMHO, it is clear that this gives 100x more information at glance!

What do you think gentleman?

Matrix/2By3 do you think this would be possible to add in post release patching process?

Thanks in advance!

I think it’s a great idea but based on what we went through just to get the roll over working I don't see this getting implemented. It would require a lot of effort in programming and testing. Sorry.

Leo "Apollo11"

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:04:13 AM >

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 71
More Favor to Land Combat Reports - 7/10/2004 8:11:34 PM   
pad152

More Favor to Land Combat Reports

Example
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 22235 troops, 243 guns, 17 vehicles
33rd Division

Defending force 11934 troops, 75 guns, 1 vehicles
2nd Burma Rifle Brigade

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
33rd Division
----------------------
152 casualties reported
152 - IJA Inf
7 Guns lost
3 - 3in Mortor
4 - 70mm Inf Gun
Vehicles lost
1 - Type92 Tankette

Allied ground losses:
2nd Burma Rifle Brigade
----------------------
417 casualties reported
207 - CW Rife Inf
190 - CW Eng
30 - Support
6 Guns lost
3 - 3in Mortor
3 - 57mm AT Gun

sorry no can do we would get complaints that the enemy should not see such details and complaints of it not being accurate, and on and on

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:06:21 AM >

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 72
RE: More Favor to Land Combat Reports - 7/10/2004 8:33:47 PM   
Mike Scholl

I would like to see two things. One is a PRODUCTION SCREEN that would pull up
all the locations on a list with what they produce. This fishing around from town to
town to try to find the plant you wanted to change is really kludgy. A single screen
that would allow the player to do make all production choices would be great. With
a "running tally" of output and demand at the bottom it would be even better---you
could see at a glance how your choices affected the whole picture. Guys, this is what
computers do best..., run spreadsheets. How you ever came up with that convoluted
mess you've got is beyond me.

added to list

The second is get rid of the "kowtow" to the Japanese FanBoys and fix the Torpedo
ranges on the Betties and Nells. I just had P-O-W torpedoed off Palembang by a
strike launched from just north of Saigon. 14 hexes...over 800 miles. And that doesn'ttake into account the "warped map" in that area, or it would be over 900 miles.
This is just BS..., a torpedo strike at much over 600 miles was almost unheard of---enough to get from Rabaul to Guadalcanal. When the Japs struck any further than
that, they staged through the Shortlands. These were outstanding torpedo bombers,
with range that shocked the West. But the West was used to thinking of 120-200 miles
as being about the max. 600 seemed almost magical to them. But more than that
just warps game play..., and is totally ahistorical to boot. Its bad enough we have to
live with a map that has Singapore and Saigon 100 miles closer together than the real
world does.

not a wish, sounds like a bug to me

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:09:23 AM >

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 73
RE: More Favor to Land Combat Reports - 7/10/2004 9:26:42 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

I would like to see two things. One is a PRODUCTION SCREEN that would pull up
all the locations on a list with what they produce. This fishing around from town to
town to try to find the plant you wanted to change is really kludgy. A single screen
that would allow the player to do make all production choices would be great. With
a "running tally" of output and demand at the bottom it would be even better---you
could see at a glance how your choices affected the whole picture. Guys, this is what
computers do best..., run spreadsheets. How you ever came up with that convoluted
mess you've got is beyond me.

The second is get rid of the "kowtow" to the Japanese FanBoys and fix the Torpedo
ranges on the Betties and Nells. I just had P-O-W torpedoed off Palembang by a
strike launched from just north of Saigon. 14 hexes...over 800 miles. And that doesn'ttake into account the "warped map" in that area, or it would be over 900 miles.
This is just BS..., a torpedo strike at much over 600 miles was almost unheard of---enough to get from Rabaul to Guadalcanal. When the Japs struck any further than
that, they staged through the Shortlands. These were outstanding torpedo bombers,
with range that shocked the West. But the West was used to thinking of 120-200 miles
as being about the max. 600 seemed almost magical to them. But more than that
just warps game play..., and is totally ahistorical to boot. Its bad enough we have to
live with a map that has Singapore and Saigon 100 miles closer together than the real
world does.

Ouch. They should have defaulted to bombs I think.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 74
ASW patrol - 7/10/2004 9:41:44 PM   
Richrd

I'd like to be able to assign TF's of small ASW vessels to 'ASW Patrol' just like air groups, that would automatically patrol the waters near their base.

already on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:09:59 AM >

Richrd

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 75
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 9:49:10 PM   
pablomagno

Fix the PBEM replay and the changes of settings in the campaign game

not a wish

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:10:18 AM >

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 76
RE: ASW patrol - 7/10/2004 9:55:37 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richrd

I'd like to be able to assign TF's of small ASW vessels to 'ASW Patrol' just like air groups, that would automatically patrol the waters near their base.

On the wish list in some form.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 77
RE: ASW patrol - 7/10/2004 10:16:46 PM   
Point Luck

a toggle to turn on/off grid coordinates on the map. And a download of the entire map at a scale that can be easily read in a BMP or JPEG format.

With the later request at the least

reposting won't help

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:11:56 AM >

Post #: 78
RE: wish list for patch - 7/10/2004 10:37:07 PM   
Zorfwaddle

Id like to see a hotkey to cycle through airbases, ports, and LCU's (ala PacWar). Even better, be able to draw a box on the strategic map, THEN be able to hotkey-cycle through the AB's, LCU's and ports in said box.

Regards,

already on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:12:22 AM >

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 79
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 3:51:16 AM   
McNaughton

I would like to see an AA Unit Suffix of:

AA Brigade

Currently there is AA Battalion, AA Regiment, AA Division, but no AA Brigade. There are currently two unused suffixs (008 and 009) of AA Units.

not a wish, OOB issue

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:12:51 AM >

(in reply to Zorfwaddle)
Post #: 80
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 12:37:56 PM   
Pascal_slith

Ability to manually indicate the amount and destination of supply at bases to move OVERLAND to another base.

sorry no can do

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:13:29 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 81
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 2:38:24 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Ability for player to disable the ship spawning feature. With a toggle, players who abhore this notion can select "NO" and design their scenarios with actual ship building programs as opposed to being locked into the present controversial situation.

Hey no testers allowed!

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:14:09 AM >

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 82
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 2:51:33 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

How about a screen showing list of the industrial sites and showing the percentage of the sites capacity being utilized.

Something to give us a warning if we don't have adequate resource, oil, etc.

I am not always certain everything is operating the way it's supposed to. We should have some good way to check this other than checking to see if the pool increased.

Also perhaps a column showing how much was recently added to the pool in the last turn.

I second this request

Post #: 83
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 2:54:09 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

please fix this PBEM thing that the jap player has to sent 2 files-maybe it could be included in the game slot as well.

Sorry it will stay as is.

adjust allied asw capabilities - it is useless as a jap player to sent subs, they will die almost always.

Not a wish

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:15:10 AM >

Post #: 84
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 2:57:07 PM   
BoerWar

I'd like to see CV based bombers fixed so that no matter what orders they have they would default to attack an enemy CV if it was located within range. If they were planning to do an airfield/ground attack the torp bombers can attack with bombs in the first round. I am in a PBEM game as the Japanese. Op infield popped up and my genius bombers flew right on by 3 CV's in route to a suprise attack on PH despite that fact that the U.S. CV's were the real target. We conduct a suprise attack and the U.S. CV's get in the first licks. AAAArrrggghhh.

Set them to primary Naval attack and secondary Port attack.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:16:14 AM >

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 85
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 3:10:46 PM   
Grouchy

A list with pilot losses.

We kind of have that with the Top pilot list. It would take too much to list all the lost pilots.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:17:27 AM >

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 86
RE: wish list for patch - 7/11/2004 3:34:49 PM   
Grotius

Complete control over allied Production. (Heh.)

Ok this is #1 on my list!

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:18:23 AM >

(in reply to Grouchy)
Post #: 87
RE: ASW patrol - 7/11/2004 4:25:31 PM   
soeren01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Point Luck

a toggle to turn on/off grid coordinates on the map. And a download of the entire map at a scale that can be easily read in a BMP or JPEG format.

With the later request at the least

You can build one yourself, it took me 3 hours and the map is an 40MB jpeg

soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 88
RE: ASW patrol - 7/11/2004 4:36:25 PM   
2Stepper

Well I would say I have two primary wish list items... one I've had since the start and the other occured today...

#1: Make the save-game files smaller. Might be hard, heck it might even be impossible. But I'd like to see save-game files of about 500K each. Anything under 1mb would be a MAJOR improvement.

sorry no can do

#2: There's been a lot of grumbling over seemingly "unrealistic" surface actions and what not where in one example someone gave, a group of AP's suffered little to no damage from a group of attacking CA's. What's more the continued their landing the next turn. My wish would be that in certain instances we'd need a sort of "morale check" for transports. Something that in rare instances would OFFSET the NO RETIRE option and send them "tail tucked" for home.

We had this and was baggered into removing it.

That's it for me for now... 2's probably easier then 1 is, but both would be good.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:20:36 AM >

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to soeren01)
Post #: 89
RE: ASW patrol - 7/11/2004 4:38:31 PM   
Point Luck

quote:

You can build one yourself, it took me 3 hours and the map is an 40MB jpeg

How? Could give some details. Could you post here or at Spooky's web site. This would be very helpful.

THANKS

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: wish list for patch Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI