Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fatigue and support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Fatigue and support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fatigue and support units - 7/14/2004 6:14:18 PM   
Badbonez

I've read page 189 of the manual to learn about fatigue but it does not mention a couple of things. 1) How fast does a unit recover from fatigue assuming the four requirements are met? Is it a point a day? Two points? 2) In your opinion, at what level of fatigue should I begin to be concerned? (This is for all units.)

Also for support units, are they replaced as per the replacement units? I am playing the Japanese in the Guadacanal scenario and I seem to have a lot of units low on support. Will they be replaced in time as per page 193 of the manual? And how long does replacement take?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Fatigue and support units - 7/14/2004 9:12:24 PM   
Badbonez

bumpo

(in reply to Badbonez)
Post #: 2
RE: Fatigue and support units - 7/14/2004 9:36:04 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badbonez

How fast does a unit recover from fatigue....? Is it a point a day? Two points?

Something like that. It varies.
quote:

2) In your opinion, at what level of fatigue should I begin to be concerned?
Depends on the situation. Different for the guys in the rear than for front-line units. It isn't so much the level as it is whether it is increasing or not. If fatigue is increasing, it will eventually become a problem regardless of the situation. I believe fatigue hurts you in two ways, it reduces combat effectiveness, and it interferes with your ability to recover from disruption. I could be mistaken here though....

quote:

Also for support units, are they replaced as per the replacement units?

Yes.
quote:

I am playing the Japanese in the Guadacanal scenario and I seem to have a lot of units low on support. Will they be replaced....?

When you say "low on support" do you mean that a base as a whole is low on support, or a particular unit? The only support number that matters is for the base as a whole. Or do you mean that support elements in a unit are disabled (displayed in parentheses and therefore not contributing support), or that the unit has fewer support elements present than is indicated by its full-strength TOE? If you have disabled support elements, I believe this is due to disruption; support elements are the first things to go. If the unit is in a malaria zone, it will probably not recover there; you need to move it to a malaria-free zone. If it is just less than full-strength, the support elements should appear as replacements (somewhere)....

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Badbonez)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Fatigue and support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI