Fatigue and support units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Badbonez -> Fatigue and support units (7/14/2004 6:14:18 PM)

I've read page 189 of the manual to learn about fatigue but it does not mention a couple of things. 1) How fast does a unit recover from fatigue assuming the four requirements are met? Is it a point a day? Two points? 2) In your opinion, at what level of fatigue should I begin to be concerned? (This is for all units.)

Also for support units, are they replaced as per the replacement units? I am playing the Japanese in the Guadacanal scenario and I seem to have a lot of units low on support. Will they be replaced in time as per page 193 of the manual? And how long does replacement take?

Thanks.

Badbonez -> RE: Fatigue and support units (7/14/2004 9:12:24 PM)

bumpo

tsimmonds -> RE: Fatigue and support units (7/14/2004 9:36:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badbonez

How fast does a unit recover from fatigue....? Is it a point a day? Two points?

Something like that. It varies.
quote:

2) In your opinion, at what level of fatigue should I begin to be concerned?
Depends on the situation. Different for the guys in the rear than for front-line units. It isn't so much the level as it is whether it is increasing or not. If fatigue is increasing, it will eventually become a problem regardless of the situation. I believe fatigue hurts you in two ways, it reduces combat effectiveness, and it interferes with your ability to recover from disruption. I could be mistaken here though....

quote:

Also for support units, are they replaced as per the replacement units?

Yes.
quote:

I am playing the Japanese in the Guadacanal scenario and I seem to have a lot of units low on support. Will they be replaced....?

When you say "low on support" do you mean that a base as a whole is low on support, or a particular unit? The only support number that matters is for the base as a whole. Or do you mean that support elements in a unit are disabled (displayed in parentheses and therefore not contributing support), or that the unit has fewer support elements present than is indicated by its full-strength TOE? If you have disabled support elements, I believe this is due to disruption; support elements are the first things to go. If the unit is in a malaria zone, it will probably not recover there; you need to move it to a malaria-free zone. If it is just less than full-strength, the support elements should appear as replacements (somewhere)....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI