Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Battle of the CD units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of the CD units Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/12/2004 6:29:13 AM   
Raverdave

Makes two of us.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 301
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 6:30:16 AM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

The trick will be having cvs on hand to negate the hurricanes. We'll have to see.

Yeah with a range of 2 there are going to be really really effective

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 302
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 7:28:49 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Raver had Darwin largely cleared out, it seems. Did you see it coming?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 303
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 7:42:07 AM   
Raverdave

Yup.............spotted him inbound two turns ago(for once my air recon worked). I'm at work ATM so I have not played the move that Luskan has posted, and I must admit to being somewhat shocked at the losses at Darwin's airfield. Clark looks like it also copped a thumping, but considering that those guys have been eating one bowl of rice per day, I guess that it is not that surprising.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 304
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 1:47:37 PM   
Luskan

2nd of February 1942: Clark Airfield falls to the ever victorious conquering Imperial Army (brought to you by Banana Boats).

That is right ladies and gentlemen, I just took clark, and now control all the resources of the northern phillipines. My troops will be having a little siesta as all my RESOURCES create lots of SUPPLY for them to feast on, while a little manpower at manila will help flesh out the replacements. I've now killed over 2400 points of allied army (and have lost about 150 IIRC). Bataan won't have any supplies in it, and I'll be using it as a nice, easy target for my pilots to train up on. I'll have clark operational in a turn, and I'll have squadrons adn avaition regiemnts moving in for a long, sustained bombing campaign at Bataan that will train them to EXCELLENCE.

In the meantime, I'll leisurely prepare a massive assault - ith my troops not gonig to move until they are at minimal fatigue and disruption and at 100% effectiveness. I've even detailed a few divisions for a few other operations.

I spent thousands of PP points two turns ago, swapping a China Expeditionary force division (didn't cost too much, was in pretty bad shape from all the fighting - my worst hit unit by far - note, they were all knocked out squads and guns, not destroyed etc) to the defence at home - moving them back to Japan to Tokyo no less to recoup. This allowed me to spend the rest of my PP points on the Home Guards Mixed Regiment and transferring them to the Southeast fleet (they're not too big either). I now have a max of 17 PP! But I think it will be worth it. The Guards unit is assigned its own operation and you'll see that going into effect very soon.

Operation Milk has also begun today - and when in position I'll explain what that is all about.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/12/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 135
Ki-48 Lily x 21
Ki-46-II Dinah x 7

Allied aircraft

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 10 destroyed, 35 damaged
Ki-48 Lily: 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wirraway: 2 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
251 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 2

Airbase hits 33
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 172

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
18 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
18 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
17 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
8 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
10 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
3 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
3 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
6 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
5 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
6 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
3 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
4 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 7000 feet
2 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on 5th Division, at 23,50

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 4

no losses

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Wirraway bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 41st PA Division, at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
E7K2 Alf x 1
Ki-48 Lily x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
27 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
12 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 37,81

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

no losses

Japanese Ships
DD Uranami, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
Sub attack at 33,64

Japanese Ships
TK Sacramento Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
PC Sonan Maru #6
MSW Asahi Maru

Allied Ships
SS KXIV

Ground combat at Clark Field

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 198766 troops, 1852 guns, 397 vehicles

Defending force 57622 troops, 451 guns, 200 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Clark Field base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
769 casualties reported
Guns lost 23
Vehicles lost 4

Allied ground losses:
1571 casualties reported
Guns lost 111
Vehicles lost 3

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Singapore

Attacking force 157733 troops, 1129 guns, 382 vehicles

Defending force 61125 troops, 326 guns, 22 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 4

Japanese ground losses:
1061 casualties reported
Guns lost 47
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
1453 casualties reported
Guns lost 81
Vehicles lost 2

< Message edited by Luskan -- 7/13/2004 10:39:40 AM >

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 305
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 2:57:55 PM   
Raverdave

The heroic defenders of Clark fell back to the bastion of Bataan, under the weight of hundreds of thousands of nips. An equally forceful attack was also made at Singapore, but there the troops managed to hold the yellow tide back. Singapore just needs to hold out for three more days to be historically correct (for those of you for whom this is important). The PI, OTOH is a diffent matter, I fear that with the critical supply level at Bataan, the troops cannot hold out for very long. There are too weak to attack, and have little energy to defend.

Operation Lone Pine is running to schedule.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 306
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/12/2004 3:40:57 PM   
Luskan

Well, I reduced the fort at singapore further this turn, and kept up the bombing. Singapore is due to fall next turn hopefully. Very quiet turn - I've got a few concerns about Raver's troop arrivals in the pacific. when I play the allies mid feb is when a lot of defence troops get shoved into their positoins and I was hoping to be out catching the bastards aboard their ships.

A quick score count - although the columns won't line up.

Allied Base Points: 4380
Jap Base Points: 2423 (obviously singapore is going to be a factor in this score).

Allied aircraft loss points :623
Jao aircraft loss points :464

Allied army loss points: 2443 (gods I love that number)
Jap army loss points :128 (but I love that one more).

Allied ships sunk:108
Score from sinking allied ships : 1844

Jap ships sunk: 53
Score: 510

A quick breakdown of what has been sunk.

Allied sunk ship list - Jap sunk ship list.
1 CVL (the Hermes).
5 BB
1 CA (Exeter)
1 CL (dauntless) - 3 CLs
2 CLAA
16 DD - 8 dd
2 AO
3 TK - 4tk
about 40 AK - 3ak
about 20 AP - 4 ap
2 Subs - 29 Subs (****!@)
10 PT
2 PG - 1 PC
1 AV
3 AS
7 MSW - 1MSW
1 ML

Almost all my dds were sunk by 9.2 inch cd guns while all my lost transports were sunk by subs.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 307
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/13/2004 12:46:18 AM   
Xargun

Why would you transfer a division from china to Home Defense ? Now it is still restricted. Wouldn't it have been better to transfer it to something else so you can make some use of it ? Or am I missing something ?

Xargun

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 308
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/13/2004 12:51:24 AM   
Raverdave

Bugger!

I seem to having some issues with my Email.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 309
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/13/2004 2:37:51 AM   
Luskan

Sorry - you are correct Xargun - what I should have said was that I transferred it HOME to recoup (transferred it to southeast fleet or something but intend to leave it in Tokyo for repairs).

Have been garrisoning many many islands and empty spots these last few turns. Lone Pine probably has something to do with Burma - but I'm not really in a position to prevent resupply. I can only sink yet dozens more of Raver's transports when they arrive.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 310
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/13/2004 3:16:27 AM   
Raverdave

Keep guessing ratbrain..................Operation Lone Pine is going to be one of the most single important operations that has yet been seem, and it will rock Banananana boy.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 311
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/13/2004 1:45:00 PM   
Raverdave

My ISP is having some Email problems which is preventing attachments from getting to me. Hope they have this problem fixed by tomorrow.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 312
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/14/2004 1:10:53 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

My ISP is having some Email problems which is preventing attachments from getting to me. Hope they have this problem fixed by tomorrow.

You could use a messenger service and use it to tranfer the files - thats what Rob and I mostly do.. Its faster and seems more reliable. BTW we use Yahoo - but they all have this ability.

Xargun

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 313
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/14/2004 4:38:42 PM   
Luskan

Aha! A turn. And what a quiet turn. Right up until the bit where Raver looses 70k troops and singapore in one fell swoop. Poor old Raver - I'm at about 2.7:1 in points ratio, and he's lost 4800 troop points now, while I've lost 130.

My attack, rest, bomb, starve repeat ad finitum at Singapore and Clark have yielded fantastic results. Best of all, some of my troops are at 100% fitness, while the worst hit in both the PI and Malaya are down to about 87% or 88%.

The fresh units are off north for Burma, while the recouping units are going to spend a few days getting some R and R (sucked up a LOT of supplies and replacements this turn) before moving onto the DEI. Raver's got lots of subs in the Bay of Bengal - no duobt they're there in case I get a few damaged ships and he can try and pick them off.

However now that Singapore is mine, I'll be relocating a lot of force south to it. The repair port is just too good to pass up, lets be honest. The oil and port size helps too. Pity the place is a complete wreck, and will take a few days before my thousands of engineers have it ship shape again.

Operation Milk has started well, as well as a new operation on the drawing board, operation Cookies. More to come now that Raver's email works once more.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/14/42

Ground combat at Singapore

Attacking force 156340 troops, 1072 guns, 376 vehicles

Defending force 51500 troops, 110 guns, 13 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Singapore base !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Wirraway: 1 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
450 casualties reported
Guns lost 8
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
59353 casualties reported
Guns lost 249
Vehicles lost 3

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 314
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/14/2004 8:41:02 PM   
brisd

Wow, 150000+ troops attacking Singapore, that's the largest number I've seen yet. Did you also realize that you just repeated history? It fell on 2/14/42! Well done guys.

And I like your dancing stormtrooper, very evil empire.

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 315
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/15/2004 7:14:15 AM   
Grotius

Wow, grats. And did you say 2.7 to 1 in favor of the IJN in February 1942? The AI is beating me pretty well in mid-January, but I'm still ahead on points. I guess that will keep changing. Nothing like 70,000 troops to improve that IJN score.

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 316
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/15/2004 4:29:03 PM   
Raverdave

Yeah,

I was hoping that I could hold until at least the 15th of Feb which IIRC was the actual date of surrender at Singers. But I am happy with the 14th

Operation Lone Pine is now about one to two turns inbound and it will rock the Nippon empire to it's very core ! I have been taking the blows for just over two months now, and it will be good to give some back.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 317
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/15/2004 4:37:31 PM   
Luskan

Bah - I've got a bit of a force surplus. Which is a nice buffer against operation "lone pine". Curious to see where and what Raver has planned. I have a few ideas of my own, and a few ops planned.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 318
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/15/2004 4:47:11 PM   
Raverdave

Scoff away bananananana boy but you are about to be peeled and you don't even know it !

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 319
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/16/2004 2:43:09 PM   
Luskan

I'll let Raver post the results of operatoin long pine. I expected it. it is what I'd do as the allies. I had betties and zeros in squadrons lined up at rangoon, I had every cv on the map ALMOST within striking distance (just 1 or 2 turns away) when Raver's cvs showed up off Trincomalee. However he was a turn early and my CVs will enver catch him now - and unfortunately I've got my little slow cves with me carrying extra zeros etc. etc. etc.

BUGGER!!! A turn later and I would have oblitterated any chance of Raver stopping me from auto victory. As it is, it is a good thing his pilots suck major ass (will post a screenshot of the basically UNDAMAGED BBs next turn). It was a good move, but predictable. Next turn we'll see if he engages (hopefully within betty range).

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 320
Operation Lone Pine - 7/16/2004 8:31:22 PM   
Raverdave

Well Operation Lone Pine has come and gone and the results were dissapointing to say the least.

There were two parts to the operation, part one was send three CVs all the way across the Pacific, sailing under Australia to avoid dectection, and then steaming north to a point due south of Ceylon with the intent of bagging some major IJN fleet units rampaging in the Bay of Bengal.
Part two involved throwing Luskan off the scent by alunching or threatening to launch an attack against the home Islands at Omimato, the northern most point of Japan using a CV TF based around the Yorktown and a bombardment TF just for good measure.

It has taken me TWO gaming months to get all the ships to where I wanted them........two long months and when I spring the trap I bag only two BBs and although the combat report lists them as both taking a number of hits from my dive bombers I am sure that FOW is in play and that the hits were not as critiacl as I had hoped. To make matters worse, I now have four somewhat very angery IJN CVs in hot pursuit of my three CVs. I don't relish a CV on CV battle just yet so I am really buring the oil to get them out of there as fast as I can. I think that I have the upper hand here as Luskan's CVs were at least two days north east of my CV TF, and they just don't have the legs to follow me at high speed.

I really would have liked to have used all four of the USn fleet carriers but the fact is that the Yorktown does not arrive early enough, and if I had of waited it would have been a delay of at least another month while the Yorktown made the trip.
All in all it was a sound plan, that did little to rely on luck and was setup correctly. My long range aviation units (mainly PBYs) are now working well and I had spotted Luskan's CVs two turns ago, and jugded that I had enough of a gap to make a fast hit and run. But at the end of the day it was the pilots lack of experience that let the whole operation down. But one thing is for certain, Luskan must now always be onguard and I am sure that it has been a bit of a wake-up call for him.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/16/42

Naval bombardment of Port Moresby, at 53,91

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Catalina I: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Tomozuru
DD Hatsukari
DD Manazuru
DD Chidori
DD Yunagi
DD Asanagi
DD Matsukaze
DD Asakaze
DD Inazuma
DD Ikazuchi
DD Yamagumo
CL Kuma
CA Ashigara
CA Maya

Allied ground losses:
78 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 13
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 54

Day Air attack on TF, near Trimcomalee at 15,25

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 4
Vildebeest IV x 8

Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 9 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Chokai
CL Yura

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Vildebeest IV launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Trimcomalee at 15,25

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 15
F4F-4 Wildcat x 7
SBD Dauntless x 49

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless: 4 destroyed, 27 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato, Bomb hits 7, on fire At the very least these two will need some yard time
BB Hyuga, Bomb hits 8, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
8 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
6 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
9 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 321
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/16/2004 8:40:30 PM   
kaleun

Interesting manouver.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 322
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/16/2004 9:27:53 PM   
rroberson

A plan worthy of me! Excellant move I only wish it had been more successful for you.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 323
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/17/2004 3:02:35 AM   
Luskan

It was an excellent plan, and I was ready for him. He was just a turn early. Otherwise I would have had enough firepower to blow him to hell and back (and the points I'd get from such a victory would put me SOOOOO close to autovictory atm!).

A pity it didn't come off for him, but on the upside, he spotted my fleet cvs (and this turn he looses them but spots my little cv group) and his own cvs have disappeared into the ocean. The reason it failed was because 90% of his attack aircraft got lost on their way to the targets.

Now it is a race back to the pacific (I thought yorktown would be out there somewhere). I can get my heavies back over there faster than he can. And of course, my betties will prevent him cutting any corners into the SRA (we all know what happens when USN CVs in 42 VS betties and zeroes!).

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 324
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/17/2004 3:03:43 AM   
Luskan

The damaged ships in question the turn after the attack.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 325
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/17/2004 1:52:51 PM   
Luskan

Well, there was a turn with NO combat. That's right, nothing, nada, zip.

Then this turn a few little things developed.

1. Raver's catalinas at akyab spotted my scret cv force in the bay of bengal last turn and tipped him off. Otherwise he woudl have hung around and been sunk. This would have taken me so close to winning I was a bit annoyed about it, so I bombarded akyab this turn with a LOT of firepower to neutralise those cats. Worked well.

2. Raver's been building an army of chinese at Wuchow. Massive fort, HUGE number of troops (31 combat units at last count) hell he's even got some aircraft in there. Of course, he looks like he's emptied Kungching (? whatever that massive chinese industiral city above and to the left of wuchow is). Of course, I took Kweilin months ago. I assembled a little army here, and then slow and easy, marched to the crossroads BEHIND wuchow and hammered the little chinese unit I found there to bits. The result? I've surrounded, and cut off Raver's troops at Wuchow from ANY supply and any escape route. Even better, I'm closer to Raver's industrial heartland than he is! AND I'm in supply (while his big army isn't).

It was as easy as pie. Now the question, do I left half my troops to "hold" Raver's massive chinese army while my troops go and take Kunching (?). It could be that I loose it again straight away, but then the heavy industry is halved, and halved again ;) ;) ;) !!!!! :D
Or do I sit and wait for Raver and take his army out once and for all?

I took Georgetown, and wiped out the last 4000 allied troops on malaya (barring the 600 starving base force troops in the mountains).

Singapore is almost back online, and now has some serious a/c parked there. Huge numbers of troops are back to 100% - and I'll be sending half to the DEI, and the other half north to Burma. Also, in the PI my troops are well rested and eager to finish the allies off at bataan. Should yield some good points so I'm looking forward to the conflict. Especially since those troops are earmarked for the DEI campaign.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 326
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/17/2004 3:47:45 PM   
Luskan

forgot to post the cr.
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/20/42

Sub attack near Pago Pago at 98,110

Japanese Ships
SS I-9

Allied Ships
DD Lamson
DD Flusser

ASW attack at 52,44

Japanese Ships
PC Showa Maru #5
PC Showa Maru #3
PC Nichi Maru #1
PC Gamitsu Maru #1
PG Saiko Maru
PG Edo Maru
MSW Toroshima Maru
MSW Takasago Maru
MSW Ataka Maru
DD Suzukaze

Allied Ships
SS Gar

Naval bombardment of Akyab, at 30,29

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
PBY Catalina: 4 destroyed, 7 damaged
Buffalo I: 10 destroyed, 8 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Hibiki
BB Hyuga
DD Kamo
DD Kiji
DD Kasasagi
DD Otori
DD Hokaze
DD Akatsuki
DD Minegumo
DD Arashio
DD Arashi
DD Hayashio
DD Oyashio
DD Yugumo
CL Kinu
CL Yura
CA Kako
CA Suzuya
CA Chokai
CA Atago
CA Takao
BB Mutsu
BB Nagato
BB Haruna
BB Kongo

Allied ground losses:
647 casualties reported
Guns lost 26
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 17
Airbase supply hits 15
Runway hits 86
Port hits 1

Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 7

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga
BB Mutsu

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Singapore at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 3 destroyed, 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVE Taiyo
CVL Zuiho
CA Kinugasa
CVL Ryujo
CVE Hosho

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Singapore at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 7

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVE Hosho
CVL Ryujo
CA Kinugasa

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Time Surface Combat, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Haruna
BB Nagato
BB Mutsu
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Chokai
CA Suzuya
CA Kako
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Hayashio
DD Arashi
DD Arashio
DD Minegumo
DD Akatsuki
DD Hokaze
DD Otori
DD Kasasagi
DD Kiji
DD Kamo

Allied Ships
AK Nordhval, Shell hits 26, on fire, heavy damage

Day Time Surface Combat, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Haruna
BB Nagato
BB Mutsu
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Chokai
CA Suzuya
CA Kako
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Hayashio
DD Arashi
DD Arashio
DD Minegumo
DD Akatsuki
DD Hokaze
DD Otori
DD Kasasagi
DD Kiji
DD Kamo

Allied Ships
AK Herleik, Shell hits 19, and is sunk

Ground combat at Georgetown

Attacking force 20493 troops, 244 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 2571 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 32 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Georgetown base !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 4 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
57 casualties reported
Guns lost 7

Allied ground losses:
3261 casualties reported
Guns lost 18

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 327
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/17/2004 4:12:07 PM   
Luskan

The situation in China. The units on the map to the north of the crossroads are tiny, 1 unit stacks of 3000 or 2500 men in shattered LCUs (already defeated once by my armoured spearheads). Raver foolishly left his massive fortress of Wuchow EMPTY in panic, and now my troops from Canton have waltzed in without a worry and are about to take the massive fort and lots of resources and industry without a fight - securing the last base on the railway line in China. My 1st objective is therefore completed. That empty looking chinese base is full of industry *drool*. Raver's panicked flight from Wuchow more or less confirms that the place is empty.

After all of his clever, even brilliant manouvreing to avoid confrontation, and his transferring of chinese troops to bolster Burma, I've finally got a chance to crush Raver's surrounded, pathetic troops. Note - all my spread out units are mixed inf units and arty units - the big divisions are all at Wuchow, Kweilin, canton or on that crossroads.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 328
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/17/2004 9:16:19 PM   
brisd

Funny, I was just reading Costello's "The Pacific War" last night and it's early 42 and Churchill asks if the US Navy could send some carriers to Indian Ocean to support the Royal Navy and Admiral King (USN CNO) would have none of it. An interesting manuever but not likely to succeed and more peril to US ships than IJN IMHO. Great AAR guys!

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 329
RE: Operation Lone Pine - 7/17/2004 9:41:40 PM   
Sinjen

Lone Pine was a gutsy plan. Too bad you didn't net more. Time is on your side. The worm will turn. Just bleed the japs all you can. Enjoying the AAR so far.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of the CD units Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI