Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games - 7/19/2004 10:58:06 PM   
Antonius

I have been trying during the last two days to start a pbem game both against a real opponent and against myself (before and after patching) as a test and each time all realism options selected when starting the game are stubbornly set back to "off" once turn 1 starts.

I know this has been mentioned as a side topic in other threads and I remember someone said it had occurred to him but he had finally been able to overcome it. The question is: how ???

< Message edited by Antonius -- 7/19/2004 9:59:00 PM >

Wargamo, ergo sum
Post #: 1
RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem ... - 7/19/2004 11:01:22 PM   
Mr.Frag

Exit completely after ending turn ... The patch in the works fixes this issue.

(in reply to Antonius)
Post #: 2
RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem ... - 7/19/2004 11:46:49 PM   
Antonius

Thanks for the quick reply

I have tried your advice in test against myself:
1) jap player is asked to submit a passwrod, enters password, saves and goes back to main menu and quits the game
2) us player opens the file, is asked to submit a password, saves, goes back to main menu and quits the game
3) jap player opens the save, briefly sees the map with the message 'disbanding human controlled TFs' then is asked to save the game, does it, goes back to main menu and quits the game
4) us player opens the file, is asked to submit a password... in fact is thrown back to step 2) and this repeats indefinitely (well, maybe it stops after 10 tries but I got tired after a couple of loops )

In short, it didn't work for me

< Message edited by Antonius -- 7/19/2004 10:48:50 PM >

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem ... - 7/20/2004 2:32:49 AM   
Antonius

I finally found out that pbem games work provided each turn each players checks and corrects realism options and resets the turn cycle to 1.

Oddly enough FOW seems immune to the bug (stays on if the game was started with it) but advance weather is affected. There's no way for me tell what happens to US damage control and Jap sub doctrine.

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to Antonius)
Post #: 4
RE: Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem ... - 7/20/2004 4:18:10 AM   
Caltone

In addition to resetting the realism options, the kicker is it resets the turn cycle to "0" which is not available

Make sure you reset this back to 1 day or whatever you're using otherwise the turn will never play.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Antonius)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Realism options getting thrown back to off in pbem games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI