Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This is wargame experience!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> This is wargame experience!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This is wargame experience!!!!! - 1/17/2002 6:15:00 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

I've just finished a battle in Derne(MCDF),where my group had to rescue a column of Italian soldiers sourrounded by the "rats".My men,spread around the countryside,not to be easily targeted in column by Brit's arty,have been objected of a number of ambushes by hidden troops or ATg.....after some tanks and armoured cars got burnt i realized i couldn't really save those poor boys and I ordered my kampf-group to take a step back and set up a defensive perimeter.Thought the Italians were going to surrender very easy and very soon,so that that nightmare could finish(I had already lost 4 of my best tank crews and many other good crews were stuck in immobilized vehicles sourrounded by enemy fire,so that I had to send little rescue groups(1 or 2 panzer)to save my isolated crews,which were bailing out in those moments).
But.........But.....................when you do not expect it.........The Italians created a defensive perimeter under a little hill,covering themselfs with tons of somke.They dig in in the rocks and sand of the desert and wait for the commin rats..........when the cruisers started to come out of the smoke those guys assoulted them bravely and constantly,well supported by the fire of the 47mm.....soon 4 brits tanks remained somking in the sand while at least 5 or 6 truks (morris i think) wheere burning with their crews not far from there.The brits dimounted engaged a fierce battle,but my italians where still supported by the guns of their tanks and armoured cars...........The Rats went away in the smoke as they came and the Italians were safe.They got out of that situation without any help from the germans who cared much more of their precious experienced crews than the lifes of an italian reinforced company.....
My heart is still beating of honour for that!!!!!!
BTW i lost that battle 'cause i didn't conquest the VH,but in my heart and soul it feels like i had won it!
Thanks Matrix"""""!!!!!!

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]
Post #: 1
- 1/17/2002 11:23:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Wow, thanks for sharing that! I can't wait to get there (if I get there) for I'm just in my 6th battle.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 2
- 1/17/2002 1:51:00 PM   
Wild Bill

You just got into one of my "beauties," General. As you see, I like 'em bloody. Glad you enjoyed it. There are a lot of battles just like that in this campaign. The team worked hard and supported me all the way in this project. The work done is something I feel very good about. I'm delighted you are having fun. That is just what we wanted!
MC-Desert Fox has some of the most exciting action you'll find in any Mega Campaign. I can sincerely promise you that! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 3
- 1/17/2002 7:12:00 PM   
Phil Buster

Hi Hoepner. You´ve described what I consider to be the essence of this game and the Megacampaigns. No matter if you finally aren´t able to reach Decissive Victory or a Draw or even if you lose the day. There´s nothing like plan, execute and reorient your tactics in the middle of those bloody battles. I love it because my own troops are able to surprise me acting beyond my expects. Every battle is full of smaller fights that provides you with a lot of fun and challenging situations. Thousands thums up. And you, Hoepner, are lucky to have discovered it so quicly.

Eusko gudariak gara Euskadi azkatzeko. Gerturi daukagu odola bere aldez emateko.

Post #: 4
- 1/17/2002 8:26:00 PM   
panda124c

Hey Bill, I was wondering why, in the MegaCampains, the order of the weapons for German Infantry is different than the 'normal', specificaly the MG being moved to slot 3?

Post #: 5
- 1/18/2002 11:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I don't really know unless it was an OOB change after we did the campaign, PBear. I'll look into it. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
- 1/18/2002 9:20:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
I don't really know unless it was an OOB change after we did the campaign, PBear. I'll look into it. Wild Bill

Thanks Bill, it's not critical just wondering, the effect is that the MG fails a moral check more often when the unit is suppressed. This actually make sence, because any unit receiving fire will return fire at the most dangerous weapon system, in the case of an infantry squad this would be the MG. So you would expect the MG to be the first thing suppressed.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> This is wargame experience!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI