Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some new V7.0 bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some new V7.0 bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some new V7.0 bugs - 1/22/2002 9:11:00 AM   
Kharan

I've noticed 2 new bugs so far: ***Unlike any other guns, high-caliber AA guns may fire on the same turn they are unloaded. Wasn't this already fixed once somewhere along the way? ***Setting the number of Air Sections in Preferences is not working and is instead randomized by the battle generator. Also some bugfixes were not documented, specifically: ***Amphibious tanks can't overrun. FIXED ***Wagons, gun teams and pack mules should be possible to be overrun and melee attacked. FIXED About the flamer issue, the "crispy ratio" (how many exp70 squads are eliminated by a vehicle flamer on the first shot at 100m) is still at exactly 50%. And yes, I did do the test from the new OOBs. So whatever was changed, didn't really affect much. But at least you tried . Btw, I haven't checked the OOBs thoroughly, but I noticed Pershing rarity is still 1 in the US OOB, which for a tank that barely saw any combat is definitely wrong. I could proof-read the encyclopedia for wrong unit pictures if someone's going to correct them.

Post #: 1
- 1/22/2002 9:26:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

Me and some friends are currently working on a new oob for SPWAW, and since the picture adding will be the last step (we have already covered Germany and the USSR, with new units new penetration values, new armour setings..indeed, almost new all), i would like you to read the enciclopedia so we can fix the picture bad display for when the neww oob is released. We r also working in changing all the pictures to real photos. Thks in advance. You can contact me within this mail: psgauy2@adinet.com.uy for suggestions also. Bye

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 2
- 1/22/2002 10:15:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The heavy flak thing was origanlly done so 88s could fire without having to unlimber as they were capable of. We killed it off once before and folks demanded its return...can;t please everybody Weather will trump strike availabilty. If you set weather to 1 you will get your strike sorties, leave weather radom and sometimes one or more will be unavailable becasue the weather is bad where you are, or weather at the airfield casues one or more to abort. 7.1 is adjusting the rarity of a lot of things. Be advised if you are modding penetration values that the v 7 ones are based on pretty good research, which ones in particular do you disagree with? I advise buying Lorrin Bird and Robert Livingstons' excellent work on WWII Ballistics before spending too much time changing values to "book" values that are not "apples to apples" comparable... Also note that APCR pen valus 251 and above are flags for higher values: 251=275
252=305
253=335
254=375 This is considered APDS
255=425 This is considered APDS Armor values are being updated in v 7 to use a "dominant plate" value rather than a "composite" value averaging several plates. Just interested in which method you plan to use where multiple plates must be given a single value (ie most front hull situations)? There is certainly room for a variety of opinion! NOt trying to dissuade you! Just interested in what data you have conflicts with mine

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 3
- 1/22/2002 4:01:00 PM   
skukko

***Unlike any other guns, high-caliber AA guns may fire on the same turn they are unloaded. Wasn't this already fixed once somewhere along the way********' Nada, it has been like it from 4.5. ***Setting the number of Air Sections in Preferences is not working and is instead randomized by the battle generator.******* Airsections are not so randomised if you turn Weather to '1'. They are not available in other values. Has been like this since v6. Sorry, No new v7 bugs. next bug topic... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 4
- 1/22/2002 8:54:00 PM   
Kharan

Thanks Mosh, but Paul Vebber already explained those. Btw, I finally got around to updating the bug list to reflect the situation in v7.0.

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 5
- 1/23/2002 8:08:00 AM   
Major Destruction

In a pbem battle with both sides set to 0 air strikes, I was able to buy 3 sections. My opponent was not pleased. Note the preferences were set to 0 and not to xxx. Is this what you meant by "randomised by the battle generator"?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Kharan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some new V7.0 bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI