Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tulgai Offensive

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tulgai Offensive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tulgai Offensive - 1/22/2002 1:41:00 PM   
Bradock78436

I just started playing these missions.. I haven't been able to beat the first one so far.. I bought the recommended troops. Two companies of raiders and a platoon of engineers I believe is what it was. WHen I went to support I bought as many amphibious landing craft as possible. 7 or 8, was able to transport about half my units.. Plus sniper(?) immobilized two and eventually destroyed them.. How does a sniper rifle stop an APC? Anyways, it was rough, I landed half on each side, and drove them straight across the middle taking all 5 VP's.. I lost, 1000 points to the japs having over 8000. Now are there other VP's I missed?

Post #: 1
- 1/22/2002 8:58:00 PM   
RUsco

You need to land in the center and attack to the top. One of the VH has Points Per turn. Go to www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm for a patch I released fixing pricing changes. Look under the Downloads section. [ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: RUsco ]

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 2
- 1/24/2002 7:00:00 PM   
Bradock78436

Yeah, left side VP they control from start seems to be the most valuable. 4250 total at end of battle... So I loaded up and went after it first turn. Takes 4-5, turns to even get there.. Land on the beach and start taking fire from inf. Now I had lost one or two vehicles to sniper fire.. Landed there started fighting them. Gave them everything I could and couldn't eliminate them in enough time. Mission ended.

Post #: 3
- 1/24/2002 8:00:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Bradock78436:
Yeah, left side VP they control from start seems to be the most valuable. 4250 total at end of battle... So I loaded up and went after it first turn. Takes 4-5, turns to even get there.. Land on the beach and start taking fire from inf. Now I had lost one or two vehicles to sniper fire.. Landed there started fighting them. Gave them everything I could and couldn't eliminate them in enough time. Mission ended.
Be sure to move the ship around to where you are going to land to lend fire support, and dump the offboard arty there as well. If playing as raiders is too difficult, you can try what I did back when playing v4. Buy a marine para company and use the nation button to buy army air transport with your support points. You can then airdrop right on the vic hexes and do an imitation of Crete as you try to survive the fire on your drop zone. I had an easy decisive playing it that way, and have never gotten more than a marginal in the first battle playing with raiders. In the Pacific theater there was very little use of airborne infantry, here is an example of where they could have been used.
thanks, John.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tulgai Offensive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI