Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Aircraft Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Aircraft Upgrades Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 10:50:44 PM   
Banquet

Having spent the last 2 hours trying to get my head around Japanese production for my 1st game playing them, I ended up thinking the same thing as Zoomie.. If 2by3 won't change this, why don't they just scrap aircraft production altogether and have the same system the allies use.

I'm not sure I can be bothered putting all the effort in, for such minimal output.

Infact it makes more work as we now have to hunt around to find how many squadrons are capable of upgrade to which model.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but at the moment it reminds me of studying at school.. lots of work, but wondering what the practical benefits will be!

< Message edited by Banquet -- 8/4/2004 8:58:41 PM >

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 121
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 10:51:20 PM   
mdiehl

quote:

If we had NO control over Japanese production I could agree.

I think that's what Matrix should have done, at least with respect to the present situation in which people are carping because they do not have yet MORE ability to optimize than the game allows.

quote:

But Matrix or 2X3 gave 100% control over Japanese production. Now we CAN produce GOOD models, in some cases even BETTER than American counterparts, and get them in substantial numbers by simply being smarter than the Japanese were in history, and better/luckier in combat.

Well, that any of the models are better than their contemporary American counterparts is a bonus that Matrix has given the Japanese, so maybe the best move is to just be greatful that iron dogs like the Shinden have had their many flaws overlooked for the sake of avoiding too much code. You'd have to have a whole extra suite of operation loss modifiers for a/c with lemon engines, landing gears that collapse on landing, control surfaces with compressibility problems as IAS approaches 400 mph, extra maintenance costs, etc.

< Message edited by mdiehl -- 8/4/2004 8:52:21 PM >

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 122
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 10:54:14 PM   
Reiryc

quote:

You can benefit from it, you're just not going to win the war from it.

Non sequiter... where did I say anything about winning the war?

quote:

So, IMO, Matrix has been somewhat generous to the Japanese player in letting him have as much control as he does. Given a choice between walking into an incredible quagmire of modeling Japanese production in detail (only, I am pretty sure, to have the usual AF legions persistently clamoring to be allowed to tweak the system such that Shinden production compares favorably with P-40 production as regards numbers), and simply removing the feature entirely from the Japanese player's control, I'd say the best option is the latter.

It's pointless....

Why have R&D if you can't benefit from it? I can develop the frank ahead of schedule, but without any squadrons to equip it, then it just accumulates while squadrons that still fly the oscar get decimated. There is no point in adjusting the R&D if you can't do anything with a newly developed aircraft model being processed until you receive some airgroups that equip it.

There is no good reason that a player who is able to produce a better IJA model than what currently exists can't upgrade his field units to that model provided he is able to produce enough of them.

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 123
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 11:28:36 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

quote:

If the production system allows one to build x number of aircraft that is better than a current model then that current model should be capable of being replaced.

If the problem is that the production system doesn't do a good job of reflecting the difficulties the japanese faced, then the production system should be tweaked. However, it stands to reason that if a model is available that performs better, that the player should be able to utilize that aircraft model more fully.

Why allow a tweaking of the production/R&D system if you can't really benefit from it?

You can benefit from it, you're just not going to win the war from it. I have more sympathy with Oleg's response. If the game requires that you channel Speer rather than opt for an automated management system that attempts something historical then there's a need for more automation.

But as to your point, my view is that any effort to model in detail the kinds of inefficiencies and lack of resources (in particular large numbers of top ranked engineers, machinists and industrial moguls who can really rationalize production AND also make top of the line equipment) is doomed to fail unless you sort of invert the whole point of the game. That is, make a game called "WW2 Industrial Baron" in which the ONLY thing the players do is manage the economies and let the war play out in some hypersimplified Risk type combat resolution system. Because doing this job really well requires an inordinated level of complexity.

So, IMO, Matrix has been somewhat generous to the Japanese player in letting him have as much control as he does. Given a choice between walking into an incredible quagmire of modeling Japanese production in detail (only, I am pretty sure, to have the usual AF legions persistently clamoring to be allowed to tweak the system such that Shinden production compares favorably with P-40 production as regards numbers), and simply removing the feature entirely from the Japanese player's control, I'd say the best option is the latter.

Begs the question then, if the intent of the game is as some have said, why did they give us the feature? Either the intent is not what these people imply at all (historical simulation) or Matrix/2X3 made a big error by providing a feature that runs counter to the intent.

I am still, as the Japanese player, short of everything, even WITH control over production. I can't just increase factory counts for Shindens. I have to take away something for every Shinden I choose to r&d (in order to get it eraly enough to make a difference) and eventually make it sufficient numbers. Means I am going to agree to some serious shortages somewhere, probably one of the Ki series fighters mostly used in China. I am still encumbered by all that ails Japan, I'm just sacrificing more in a particular area of my choosing. But the result is at least some better models in numbers that matter I and should be able to use them, conceptually.

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 124
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 11:40:24 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

quote:

If we had NO control over Japanese production I could agree.

I think that's what Matrix should have done, at least with respect to the present situation in which people are carping because they do not have yet MORE ability to optimize than the game allows.

quote:

But Matrix or 2X3 gave 100% control over Japanese production. Now we CAN produce GOOD models, in some cases even BETTER than American counterparts, and get them in substantial numbers by simply being smarter than the Japanese were in history, and better/luckier in combat.

Well, that any of the models are better than their contemporary American counterparts is a bonus that Matrix has given the Japanese, so maybe the best move is to just be greatful that iron dogs like the Shinden have had their many flaws overlooked for the sake of avoiding too much code. You'd have to have a whole extra suite of operation loss modifiers for a/c with lemon engines, landing gears that collapse on landing, control surfaces with compressibility problems as IAS approaches 400 mph, extra maintenance costs, etc.

Again though Matrix has given us the ability to get Shindens and A7M's AND an added bonus to give them better performance than they actually had must mean their intent was never historical simulation at all. Or at least not REQUIRING historical simulation but allowing for some very "Warcraft-like" game play. Problem is, with this solution, they may have missed BOTH marks. The historical-simulation fanatics don't like it, and the fantasy Jap-fanboy fanatics don't like it either. Kind of like the extreme wings of both US political parties, none of them are happy with the centrist Presidents they get, even their own....

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 125
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 11:44:13 PM   
Caltone

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZOOMIE1980

I am still, as the Japanese player, short of everything, even WITH control over production. I can't just increase factory counts for Shindens. I have to take away something for every Shinden I choose to r&d (in order to get it eraly enough to make a difference) and eventually make it sufficient numbers. Means I am going to agree to some serious shortages somewhere, probably one of the Ki series fighters mostly used in China. I am still encumbered by all that ails Japan, I'm just sacrificing more in a particular area of my choosing. But the result is at least some better models in numbers that matter I and should be able to use them, conceptually.

I think this is what many will see as their games progress. You just aren't going to be able to produce what you need. Early on you have more planes than you need, but once the Allied war machine starts comming, you will not. You will still have to produce the supplies, fuel, ships, armaments, and vehicles. Shortages will become glaring. So you can make Franks, just not the 1000's of them people are envisioning.

I haven't played this far in the game yet, so I could be wrong, but I've felt all along that Japan must "win" the game on points as early as possible. The longer the game plays the less likely they will ever have enough points. I'm shooting for a "win" in '43. I hope to never see a Shinden

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to ZOOMIE1980)
Post #: 126
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/4/2004 11:47:10 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

Frag, assuming everything that had to be said in this thread, has already been said, I'll be rude and semi-hijack the thread...

I'm interested in your VERY depressive outview of the Japs chances to win the scen #15 game (mind you, I'm saying win the *game* not win the *war*).

Frankly, your depressing observations did more to cool me off for playing WITP than this whole "aircraft upgrade" discussion. (Design decisions regarding production/industry/upgrades do seem a bit strange but I can live with that.)

I guess no one played the whole campaign to the end during playtesting, but I understand you have run some PC vs. PC games (lasting for some days as I read on this forum).

What was the outcome of those games?

And finally - DO you really stand by your words that Japs have snowballs chance in hell to win the *game*? After the initial patching period ends, I plan on starting several serious PBEMs. I play to have good time, but I also play to WIN (and am not ashamed to admit it). If you tell me straight away I will have no chances of winning as Japanese (with or without aircraft upgrades or whatever) then what's the purpose of playing the friggen game?

Oleg

I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about the war. They are two completely separate things.

Sorry if you took my comments to mean *game* vs war.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 127
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:00:17 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

It is plain stupid if you want to upgrade 2 groups of F2As to F4F-4s, if you have 72 F4F-4s, but only 10 F4F-3s, you have to wait longer. That is not historical, that is just being Anal.

Can we keep the misinformation out of the thread. It just confused people. If you have F4F-4's, your F2A's will go directly to F4F-4's. The code looks forward 2 models and backwards 1 when checking for available aircraft.

Now for the rest of the thread ...

Here's the basic flaw with most of these statements. You are developing aircraft. Each new aircraft is built on stuff learned by inventing the previous generation aircraft.

You can't simple turn around and say screw that, I demand that I can research the F/A-18 because it is better! I want to ignore all these other aircraft completely. It doesn't work, you can't jump from the Wright brothers to the space shuttle in one leap just because you want to. It is just beyond my belief that i am seeing this kind ot nonsense from grogs

It is cracking me up that I even have to defend this. Hi, I playing the Allies ... "can we skip all those useless aircraft that had to be designed and give me all P-51's and b-29's ? I know they were invented so I don't need any of the other aircraft. "

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 128
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:06:43 AM   
Banquet

I totally agree Mr.Frag.. however I think the crux of the arguement is not 'why can I not research this aircraft'

It's 'why I am allowed to build this aircraft, but then not equip it?'

< Message edited by Banquet -- 8/4/2004 10:07:39 PM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 129
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:14:51 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

It's 'why I am allowed to build this aircraft, but then not equip it?'

It's the same point ... I build a fighter-bomber instead of the fighter, because I cheaped out on R&D and just made the one, i want to convert all my fighters over to fighter-bombers so I don't have to do the R&D ... same end effect.

Look at it from the other end, "why are you not producing the aircraft you need for the air groups you know by looking at your aircraft reinforcement pages are coming?"

If the answer is "because this aircraft is better then that aircraft", then you really come full circle back to the problem.

Now, where did I leave my F-22's ... hmmm

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 130
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:15:42 AM   
Tankerace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

It is plain stupid if you want to upgrade 2 groups of F2As to F4F-4s, if you have 72 F4F-4s, but only 10 F4F-3s, you have to wait longer. That is not historical, that is just being Anal.

Can we keep the misinformation out of the thread. It just confused people. If you have F4F-4's, your F2A's will go directly to F4F-4's. The code looks forward 2 models and backwards 1 when checking for available aircraft.

How is it misinofmation Mr. Frag? I just told you what I observed in my turn last night. If it looks forward two models, then why are my choices either F4F-3s (which I have 10 of) or none. On the F2A unit (VF-2 off the Lexington), it only gives me one choice, not two. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it to take F4F-4s is if I upgrade to -3s, then -4s.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 131
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:18:15 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

How is it misinofmation Mr. Frag? I just told you what I observed in my turn last night. If it looks forward two models, then why are my choices either F4F-3s (which I have 10 of) or none. On the F2A unit (VF-2 off the Lexington), it only gives me one choice, not two. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it to take F4F-4s is if I upgrade to -3s, then -4s.

Leave it on automatic upgrade for a turn. If they are not F4F-4's, then it's a bug.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 132
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:19:17 AM   
Bradley7735

HI Tankerace,

I'm not 100% sure this works because I haven't been able to test it, but...

Take your F2a's and set them to upgrade. You should see F4F-3's as the only option. Now, leave them alone (don't click "Upgrade Now"). Run the turn. When the new turn is there, you should see F4F-4's. (assuming there are enough F4F-4's in the pool.)

The computer will upgrade 2 levels, but you can only manually upgrade one level.

bc

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 133
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:22:52 AM   
Tankerace

That's what I did. I only had 10 F4F-3s, but 72 F4F-4s. They didn't upgrade, but as soon as I got 22 F4F-3s, then it upgraded to the -3s and then the -4s.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 134
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:30:51 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

That's what I did. I only had 10 F4F-3s, but 72 F4F-4s. They didn't upgrade, but as soon as I got 22 F4F-3s, then it upgraded to the -3s and then the -4s.

You got a save of it while they are 2's still? If not, I'll make one up.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 135
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:31:12 AM   
Sultanofsham

quote:

You can't simple turn around and say screw that, I demand that I can research the F/A-18 because it is better! I want to ignore all these other aircraft completely.

Thats not what is being asked for and is a very very disingenuous way to put it at best.

What IS being asked for is that we get the end game of a production system that allows us to build what we want but not use it. If I have a 100 franks sitting in a pool I should be able to use them in whatever fighter group I want (within army/navy limits). Same goes with the allies.

quote:

It doesn't work, you can't jump from the Wright brothers to the space shuttle in one leap just because you want to. It is just beyond my belief that i am seeing this kind ot nonsense from grogs

Again very disingenuous since you cant do that and once again it doesnt have anything to do with equiping a sqaudron with a plane that you aready have in your aircraft pool.

But just to humor your attempt to change the argument, all aircraft have service dates that they enter the war, if you want them in early you have to RESEARCH them. Research, sure doesnt sound like going "from the Wright brothers to the space shuttle in one leap" to me. There are also hidden costs and slowdowns in researching aircraft to bring them in early, are there not?

Its real simple put the option to re-equip groups on a toggle at the start of the game with the ahistoric Sub settings and "what if" first turn settings that no one else seems to have a problem with being there.

Sci-fi channel SUCKS.

One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
-- Arnold H. Glasow

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 136
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:31:59 AM   
Oznoyng

With guys like Frag representing us to the developers, it is no wonder they aren't going to do this.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 137
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:38:00 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spooky

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tankerace ... and all the other posters.

I have been a Matrix fanboy since the UV release 2 years ago ... but right now, I have the very unpleasant feeling that the players' feedback is not taken in account - even if a lot of us believe that a "feature" is a big flaw of the game.

Now, I really hope I am wrong and that this lack of communication can be explained by the fact that most of the Matrix staff is at the World Boardgaming Championships.

I doubt Matrix will give an answer on a game design issue, that could only really come from 2by3. Joel is the only one of 2by3 seen on these boards and doesn't seem to post much lately. If it's really that important to you, and you worry that 2by3 haven't seen your opinion, you could always try contacting them directly via email at 2by3@2by3games.com .

Bodhi

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 138
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:41:25 AM   
2ndACR

Come on now.

Mr. Frag can voice any opinion he wants. Just as we can. He has been more then helpful with all of us. maybe he spent MONTHS arguing for the same thing we want now, but lost and it is a sore point with him. I have no problems with anything he has said, even if he takes somethings to the extreme.

I do not want F/A 18's in 1944 (would be nice though) but I would like to be able to mid game look at my pools and say "holly cow I have 300 Franks or such" " now what crappy Oscar group gets new a/c?" At this time I am just stuck like chuck with them. I can produce 10,000 of them if I want, but only about 400 of them will ever be in use at one time by active groups. Yet I have 1000 crappy Oscars being used until I exhaust my pool and then those units are stuck without any a/c to fly.

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 139
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:50:28 AM   
Oznoyng

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Come on now.

Mr. Frag can voice any opinion he wants. Just as we can. He has been more then helpful with all of us. maybe he spent MONTHS arguing for the same thing we want now, but lost and it is a sore point with him. I have no problems with anything he has said, even if he takes somethings to the extreme.

I do not want F/A 18's in 1944 (would be nice though) but I would like to be able to mid game look at my pools and say "holly cow I have 300 Franks or such" " now what crappy Oscar group gets new a/c?" At this time I am just stuck like chuck with them. I can produce 10,000 of them if I want, but only about 400 of them will ever be in use at one time by active groups. Yet I have 1000 crappy Oscars being used until I exhaust my pool and then those units are stuck without any a/c to fly.

Frag is a smart guy. The fact that he inflates "let us equip airgroups with planes that the game lets us build that would have been equipped with them had sufficient numbers been available" into "I demand that I can research the F/A-18 because it is better! " and "Remove that and we are playing a RTS ... he who makes the most widgets faster wins. " suggests he is not the right guy to carry this message to the devs.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 140
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 12:56:42 AM   
CTB123

quote:

With guys like Frag representing us to the developers, it is no wonder they aren't going to do this

He does not represent them or us. He has some inside insight to what has lead up to the game we have on our hard-drives. As a beta tester, he has had longer to learn the game then we. He has offered hours in assisting us here here on the forums with problems, bugs, mis-understanding how things work, interperting the manual and so on. He is a wonderful asset to the community.

He is, however, not a representitive to the developers. Reading between the lines, you might even infer he agrees with the idea, but it doesn't matter what he thinks as the developers will do what they wish. He has even suggested the flexible upgrade path was championed in the beta process, but was not adopted by the developers. They do check these forums. They have said so many times. If they have nothing to add, it is because they have noting to add. Perhaps they are considering adding the upgrade route people want. Perhaps they are curious as to how this debate will go, and haven't decided yet. Perhaps they are so focused on the first patch, getting a little sleep, heading to the boardgame convention, and finishing GG World at War that they have not have time to address this issue.

In the meantime, the game is what it is. Some have suggested how we can make the best of it and enjoy it in its current state. Maybe the upgrade path will change in the future, but if it does not, it is not reason to just walk away from the whole game.
Tony

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 141
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:00:47 AM   
diesel7013

bumb

We few, We happy few, We band of brothers

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 142
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:02:12 AM   
diesel7013

m

(in reply to diesel7013)
Post #: 143
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:03:14 AM   
CTB123

quote:

Frag is a smart guy. The fact that he inflates "let us equip airgroups with planes that the game lets us build that would have been equipped with them had sufficient numbers been available" into "I demand that I can research the F/A-18 because it is better! " and "Remove that and we are playing a RTS ... he who makes the most widgets faster wins. " suggests he is not the right guy to carry this message to the devs.

Should we conduct a vote and elect someone else to carry our message to the devs? I didn't realize he had any special influence to seek an audience with them, or for that matter, an exclusive charter to do so.

Tony

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 144
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:05:43 AM   
Banquet

Mr.Frag is great. His help on the forum and hard work with the game is greatly appreciated.

However, in regard to this discussion, having a rule where you cannot use more than 400 Franks, because that's all the Japanese used in the war is akin to having a rule where you can't invade Midway because the Japanese didn't manage to.

< Message edited by Banquet -- 8/4/2004 11:08:23 PM >

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 145
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:07:15 AM   
diesel7013

bump

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 146
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:17:12 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

quote:

Now for the rest of the thread ...

Here's the basic flaw with most of these statements. You are developing aircraft. Each new aircraft is built on stuff learned by inventing the previous generation aircraft.

You can't simple turn around and say screw that, I demand that I can research the F/A-18 because it is better! I want to ignore all these other aircraft completely. It doesn't work, you can't jump from the Wright brothers to the space shuttle in one leap just because you want to. It is just beyond my belief that i am seeing this kind ot nonsense from grogs

It is cracking me up that I even have to defend this. Hi, I playing the Allies ... "can we skip all those useless aircraft that had to be designed and give me all P-51's and b-29's ? I know they were invented so I don't need any of the other aircraft. "

Then the problem is the design of research and development.

If research and development in the game required one to produce Plane A before producing plane B, then you'd have a point. However, that is not a requirement, thus what you say has little bearing.

Since the game does allow one to research plane B without first researching plane A and it allows it to be produced, then it should allow the player to equip his squadrons of that type with that model. ie: Jap army fighters with new jap army fighter models.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 147
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:18:22 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Should we conduct a vote and elect someone else to carry our message to the devs? I didn't realize he had any special influence to seek an audience with them, or for that matter, an exclusive charter to do so.

They ignore me more then they ignore you

And you had also deal with the Allied side of the equation instead of just complaining that I can't count so I have too many aircraft of type x in my pool. Simple answer to that one: get more aircraft shot down, you will not have a problem with surplus aircraft

If Japan can change aircraft, the Allied having roughly 200 times the production capabilities should also be able to change aircraft. If and when you come of with any form of reasoning that says "No, Japan gets it because ..." feel free to post it.

All I see in this whole thread is I got these ****ty xxx and I want to replace them with these better yyy's. Why on earth should that be a Japan ONLY feature???

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 148
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:20:23 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oznoyng

With guys like Frag representing us to the developers, it is no wonder they aren't going to do this.

He doesn't represent anyone...he's just a tester that posts a lot. If you want to be heard, rifle off a pm to heath or billings.

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 149
RE: Aircraft Upgrades - 8/5/2004 1:24:24 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

If research and development in the game required one to produce Plane A before producing plane B, then you'd have a point. However, that is not a requirement, thus what you say has little bearing.

Thats actually simple to add to the code ... careful, you might get what you don't wish for

Aircraft designs progressed through many many designs ... some of them made production levels, others didn't and were stepping stones to other designs.

All contributed to moving the state of aircraft design forward, yet some were definitely steps backward.

Just because the code itself doesn't have these specific steps in R&D represented does not mean they were not required. Pretending that The F8F would have been designed directy from the F2A without all those steps inbetween is just silly.

If you guys want something that gamey, go make your case. I will not because I see it as beyond silly to pretend that you can just go from A to Z without going through the rest of the alphabet.

There seems to be about 3 completely different things running in this thread, might be a good idea to split it up for clarity purposes.

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Aircraft Upgrades Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI