Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What actions boost experience?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What actions boost experience? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What actions boost experience? - 6/8/2000 3:59:00 AM   
Aktion T4

Mike, I think you are most qualified to answer this question probably Paul as well, but can you comment on, from what you have seen from the code, the details which give various units experience? From a previous post, I never knew that firing a shot at a unit, whether you inflict casualties or not actually gave experience. Sure, I always knew that some active participation is required for a unit to gain experience, but since there are so many units with a variety of roles, are there a variety of actions including non-combat specific actions that boost experience? -Thanks

Post #: 1
- 6/8/2000 7:48:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... For right now, just shooting at enemy units and destroying enemy units. Maybe more, later, like assisting in morale checks and laying/removing mines, and the like. Bye... Michael Wood
quote:

Originally posted by Aktion T4: Mike, I think you are most qualified to answer this question probably Paul as well, but can you comment on, from what you have seen from the code, the details which give various units experience? From a previous post, I never knew that firing a shot at a unit, whether you inflict casualties or not actually gave experience. Sure, I always knew that some active participation is required for a unit to gain experience, but since there are so many units with a variety of roles, are there a variety of actions including non-combat specific actions that boost experience? -Thanks

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 2
- 6/8/2000 4:50:00 PM   
herr1

If experience is given for killing and/or shooting at other uniths then why is it that my ammo trucks have increased their experience in my campaign? ------------------ Dr Rob H

Dr Rob H

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 3
- 6/8/2000 6:25:00 PM   
O de B

In SP, green/average units were given experience by just surviving a scenario. Maybe it's still the case.

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 4
- 6/8/2000 9:19:00 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello... All units get experience for surviving. The higher the experience level, the fewer experience points they recieve. What I meant was shooting and killing give extra experience. Sorry for the confusion. Bye... Michael Wood
quote:

Originally posted by herr1: If experience is given for killing and/or shooting at other uniths then why is it that my ammo trucks have increased their experience in my campaign?

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What actions boost experience? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI