What actions boost experience? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Aktion T4 -> What actions boost experience? (6/8/2000 3:59:00 AM)

Mike, I think you are most qualified to answer this question probably Paul as well, but can you comment on, from what you have seen from the code, the details which give various units experience? From a previous post, I never knew that firing a shot at a unit, whether you inflict casualties or not actually gave experience. Sure, I always knew that some active participation is required for a unit to gain experience, but since there are so many units with a variety of roles, are there a variety of actions including non-combat specific actions that boost experience? -Thanks

Mike Wood -> (6/8/2000 7:48:00 AM)

Hello... For right now, just shooting at enemy units and destroying enemy units. Maybe more, later, like assisting in morale checks and laying/removing mines, and the like. Bye... Michael Wood
quote:

Originally posted by Aktion T4: Mike, I think you are most qualified to answer this question probably Paul as well, but can you comment on, from what you have seen from the code, the details which give various units experience? From a previous post, I never knew that firing a shot at a unit, whether you inflict casualties or not actually gave experience. Sure, I always knew that some active participation is required for a unit to gain experience, but since there are so many units with a variety of roles, are there a variety of actions including non-combat specific actions that boost experience? -Thanks

herr1 -> (6/8/2000 4:50:00 PM)

If experience is given for killing and/or shooting at other uniths then why is it that my ammo trucks have increased their experience in my campaign? ------------------ Dr Rob H

O de B -> (6/8/2000 6:25:00 PM)

In SP, green/average units were given experience by just surviving a scenario. Maybe it's still the case.

Mike Wood -> (6/8/2000 9:19:00 PM)

Hello... All units get experience for surviving. The higher the experience level, the fewer experience points they recieve. What I meant was shooting and killing give extra experience. Sorry for the confusion. Bye... Michael Wood
quote:

Originally posted by herr1: If experience is given for killing and/or shooting at other uniths then why is it that my ammo trucks have increased their experience in my campaign?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI