Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Call me old...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Call me old... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call me old... - 8/6/2004 10:05:38 AM   
owlish

Could you guys imagine playing Korsun Pocket like a board game? Setting up the peices one by one, calculating terrain and AC/DC and such and rolling dice? You youngin's would have no idea how much time a computer saves setup and calculation of battles and things. And just think.... no sound effects!

The very first hex game I played was Ogre by Origin for Apple II. I spent many hours playing it. Now with Korsun Pocket it's like the future is a reality!

Matrix, thx for putting out a GREAT game! I had no idea how much fun it can be! Turn-based is not dead!

Post #: 1
RE: Call me old... - 8/6/2004 10:29:28 PM   
BossGnome

neither is disco.

(in reply to owlish)
Post #: 2
RE: Call me old... - 8/7/2004 2:25:43 AM   
Scona

Yes the future has finally arrived. No more counter stacks of 5+ that need tweezers to be moved. No more beautiful game maps just asking for an overturned Coke or coffee. Most importantly, there isn't something sitting on the dining room table for weeks on end simply asking to be vacuumed up by an irate wife.

"Everything else being equal, the army with the best looking uniforms usually losses." Murphy's law of military history.

(in reply to owlish)
Post #: 3
RE: Call me old... - 8/7/2004 3:48:10 AM   
old man of the sea

Yeah, People's Wargames made the same game as a board game, I used to play it to death.

Been there, done that, thank god the future is now.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to owlish)
Post #: 4
RE: Call me old... - 8/9/2004 12:26:37 AM   
Spinoza

To be honest, with Korsun pocket i would like to have more insight in the calcullation of the CRT-tabels and results. Nowhere can you really find the effects of e.g. on isolation of units. You just have to "learn these things from experience. A good rulebook like that of ASL would clarify a lot.

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 5
RE: Call me old... - 8/9/2004 2:20:42 AM   
pterrok

Well, you get a printed Tutorial AND there is a PDF game manual where you can find out that when a unit is isolated the background for the unit becomes red; there are specific further effects but it is a bit weak in telling you that the entire stack you attack has to be red to gain the isolated CRT benefits.

But when you said 'calculation' and 'CRT' in the same sentence, you may get a kick out of this...

Odds Article

(in reply to Spinoza)
Post #: 6
RE: Call me old... - 8/12/2004 12:59:16 AM   
Spinoza

pterrok: Thank you very much !!!

(in reply to pterrok)
Post #: 7
RE: Call me old... - 8/27/2004 10:38:28 AM   
marc420

Whatta mean "no sound effects"? Didn't you always go "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -- BOOOM" when you rolled that six and wiped out an enemy stack?

Tweezers ... eeee gads, I'd forgotten that!

My cat has much less fun with my computer games.

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ~George Washington

(in reply to Spinoza)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Call me old... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI