Call me old... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

owlish -> Call me old... (8/6/2004 10:05:38 AM)

Could you guys imagine playing Korsun Pocket like a board game? Setting up the peices one by one, calculating terrain and AC/DC and such and rolling dice? You youngin's would have no idea how much time a computer saves setup and calculation of battles and things. And just think.... no sound effects! [:'(]

The very first hex game I played was Ogre by Origin for Apple II. I spent many hours playing it. Now with Korsun Pocket it's like the future is a reality!

Matrix, thx for putting out a GREAT game! I had no idea how much fun it can be! Turn-based is not dead!

[sm=00000959.gif]

BossGnome -> RE: Call me old... (8/6/2004 10:29:28 PM)

neither is disco.[8D]

Scona -> RE: Call me old... (8/7/2004 2:25:43 AM)

Yes the future has finally arrived. No more counter stacks of 5+ that need tweezers to be moved. No more beautiful game maps just asking for an overturned Coke or coffee. Most importantly, there isn't something sitting on the dining room table for weeks on end simply asking to be vacuumed up by an irate wife.

old man of the sea -> RE: Call me old... (8/7/2004 3:48:10 AM)

Yeah, People's Wargames made the same game as a board game, I used to play it to death.

Been there, done that, thank god the future is now.

E

Spinoza -> RE: Call me old... (8/9/2004 12:26:37 AM)

To be honest, with Korsun pocket i would like to have more insight in the calcullation of the CRT-tabels and results. Nowhere can you really find the effects of e.g. on isolation of units. You just have to "learn these things from experience. A good rulebook like that of ASL would clarify a lot.

pterrok -> RE: Call me old... (8/9/2004 2:20:42 AM)

Well, you get a printed Tutorial AND there is a PDF game manual where you can find out that when a unit is isolated the background for the unit becomes red; there are specific further effects but it is a bit weak in telling you that the entire stack you attack has to be red to gain the isolated CRT benefits.

But when you said 'calculation' and 'CRT' in the same sentence, you may get a kick out of this...

Odds Article

Spinoza -> RE: Call me old... (8/12/2004 12:59:16 AM)

pterrok: Thank you very much !!!

marc420 -> RE: Call me old... (8/27/2004 10:38:28 AM)

Whatta mean "no sound effects"? Didn't you always go "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -- BOOOM" when you rolled that six and wiped out an enemy stack?

Tweezers ... eeee gads, I'd forgotten that!

My cat has much less fun with my computer games. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI