Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/18/2002 1:28:00 PM   
chief

UberT DE chief-OP-190630Z
BT
Draw at Brenzett X Your Tommies do you proud X Moving on to Aldington X Campaign plays excellent in original Version will play new Version at a later date X Would give you more detail reports but I believe they compromise the battles for others X Aldington will be my turning point
BT K

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 61
- 2/18/2002 5:09:00 PM   
ubertechie

Chief
Thanks for the report and the praise - i have learnt a lot from doing this one so expect the others to be better - big thanks to all especially Brian Price and voriax for there 'tutorig' on the dark nature of OOB's and unit classes
Cheers
Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 62
- 2/20/2002 4:01:00 AM   
Jeff_Ewing

quote:

Originally posted by ubertechie:
From the lack of further reports - am i too assume that the tommies have crushed al of your efforts to invade my comrades - or are you all stuck in the midst of some struggle in the fields of kent ?

I d/l'd the new version from the link above, and replayed Hythe and Hythe again. To my disgust, I must've made a mistake with the files, because I found the road-blocked-by-hedge problem at Lympne (as a courtesty to us Yanks, how do you pronounce this name? Limp-knee? Lime-pnuh?). In the event, I knocked the hedges down with HTs and the sIGs. This gave me an idea which payed off: blow thru the Manor house wall, and infiltrate my motorcycle troops past a roadblock. DV on this scenario. Just finished Adlington. A nightmare: way too much area to cover. I had to move several short convoys of trucks around, and they got shot up pretty bad. Furthermore, the area is sown with mines! I managed a DV, but it was an ugly one. Now, don't get me wrong, UT, I enjoyed this and it was challenging, but at several points I found myself considering the ultimate "gamey" move: scooting a truck around to draw fire. I wonder if this scenario should be longer (it's already 28 turns), or if the Germans should be given some scouting capability; either scout infantry, bicycle infantry, or Kubelwagen/Kefftenkrad scouts. On to Ashford, with a truly frightening # of Stuka strike missions! Jeff PS: played Lympne with the latest 7.1 beta, crashed a PzKw IV into a house by accident, and it didn't immobilize!

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 63
- 2/20/2002 5:57:00 AM   
ubertechie

Jeff
Thanks for the feedback - it can only help me make better campaigns. Sounds like you are having fun in the kentish countryside :-)
on the pronunciation of 'Lympne' - its pronuced 'lim' the 'pne' is silent. strange about the hedges that should have been fixed - will check the version on sebs site - did you notice any changes inthe first 2 scenarios ? Thanks again Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 64
- 2/20/2002 7:36:00 AM   
john g

quote:

The new version is now available for download (follow link at bottom of message). Many thanks to seb for hosting this and a great sight Cheers Ubertechie
I don't know if you have the free choice of core version up anywhere, so I went ahead and fixed the per turn vic hex in the battle of Ashford here. For those few of us with this version of the campaign, here is how to fix it. Copy the c025s045.dat file to the scen folder and rename it to scenxxx.dat (xxx was 405 for me since that was an empty slot), load that scenario into the editor. Now comes the fiddly part. Go to the UK deploy screen and hit the edit vic hexes button. Do not click on the map, that will move units around. Use the next vic hex button until you get to #10 that is the incorrect one, hit the change hex type button until you get to score at end of battle, now you can exit out and resave.
Copy the scenxxx.dat file back to the campaign folder and rename to c025s045.dat. I had a look at the UK setup while I was doing this. Oh My God! It appears to be an assault against a force that outnumbers the German force. Fortunately I had 1 decisive and the rest marginals before this one, I don't think I will be getting much better than a draw against all this. Even with all the spec ops I have attacking the map from the rear. With the pregenerated core in the regular distribution file, good luck.
thanks, John. thanks, John.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 65
- 2/20/2002 7:51:00 AM   
ubertechie

John
Thanks for posting this - soemthign i should of done myself .....
Sneaking a peak at the enemy - whatever next :-)
this is meant to be more then hard
Cheers
Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 66
- 2/20/2002 11:52:00 AM   
chief

UberT de chief-OP-200400Z
BT
Draw at Aldington X Heavy losses from Luftwaffer X Will attack Ashford
BT
Starting to feel like an artist with all this drawing going on. Oh well not bad for a sailor.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 67
- 2/20/2002 4:15:00 PM   
ubertechie

chief - you are my ultimate player .....
All scenarios are dsigned so that the player should get a draw - better than that sould require luck or a flash of genius. You are on the last scenario now - just go for it - its the biggest and nastiest of them all - although you should find you have a lot of air support cheers Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 68
- 2/20/2002 10:44:00 PM   
Jeff_Ewing

quote:

All scenarios are dsigned so that the player should get a draw - better than that sould require luck or a flash of genius.

Ah, hah! In that case I see what you were up to with the Aldington scenario. If I had played according to my instincts (*don't* move infantry around in trucks without proper recon), I think a draw would have been the best I could have hoped for. As it was, the platoon I sent to the church on the far right got mauled, and wouldn't have been able to hold against a counter attack that was just starting up. In the event, the game ended with me in control of the building. This is what makes me a little uncomfortable with the scenario: it could promote "gamey" play. That said, I like scenarios that force me to play in ways I wouldn't ordinarily. In this case, I had to be much more agressive than I would have liked, and I think I avoided any cheesy play. Thanks again, for the campaign and the pronuciation tip. Jeff

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 69
- 2/21/2002 6:57:00 AM   
chief

Jeff: I learnt a good lesson in the church vicinity also....Don't park vehicles and men within 6/7 hexes when you have an airstrike emminent...loss nearly 35 men and 5 vehicles to my own air arm....'they were expendable', not really. A sad but much much wiser player.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 70
- 2/21/2002 4:06:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

ubertechie, don't know if you have done it, but if not I assume it could be helpful to give this statement (designed to get "only" a draw) in the introduction to the campaign. Otherwise people who are accustomed to get MV or DV may give up playing the campaign disappointed.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 71
- 2/22/2002 1:08:00 AM   
chief

Ubertechie: Now I know why such a vast expanse in the map, you cut down the trees to make rifle pits.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 72
- 2/24/2002 12:55:00 AM   
chief

UberT de chief-OP-230730Z
BT
Draw at Ashford X Marginal Campaign Victory X final count G 2005 vs B 3384 X AFVS G47 vs B34
BT K For anyone contemplating playing this scenario I can personally vouch that (original version) played excellent except in the first scene where some mortar rounds went haywire. I believe that this has been corrected in the new version. Thank you Ubertechie, many hours of pleasurable gaming came from your efforts.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 73
- 2/24/2002 3:23:00 AM   
ubertechie

Chief
Glad you made it
No problems about my effort - was pure enjoyment
Will let you know when i publish anythig else - if you want to PBEm just email me at bc_1234@hotmail.com Cheers Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 74
- 2/24/2002 10:41:00 AM   
chief

Ubertechie: Thank you for the PBEM invitation, I'll probably take you up on it after I put a small project to completion. I'm trying to play every scenario that came with 7.0 to see if they all work properly. I noticed some did not and I suspect they were not updated. I plan to post results (as to playability) when I've completed. Gives me a reason for living, hehehehe, Your camp was just too inviting to pass up, so I gave myself a break.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI