Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's - 8/14/2004 2:27:54 AM   
V2

Here's a "don't do". I had 91 PP's as Japan. I wanted to change a Betty unit (27 A/C) to 4th Fleet control from Southern Area control. That transaction would cost 108 PP's. So I divided the unit into 3 x 9 A/C sub-units, and was able to convert 2 of them to 4th Fleet (72 PP's). I then tried to reunite the unit, and sho-nuff the newly combined 27-Betty squadron reverted to Southern Area control. So I spent PP's for naught.
Post #: 1
RE: Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's - 8/14/2004 5:36:49 AM   
grumbler

quote:

ORIGINAL: V2

Here's a "don't do". I had 91 PP's as Japan. I wanted to change a Betty unit (27 A/C) to 4th Fleet control from Southern Area control. That transaction would cost 108 PP's. So I divided the unit into 3 x 9 A/C sub-units, and was able to convert 2 of them to 4th Fleet (72 PP's). I then tried to reunite the unit, and sho-nuff the newly combined 27-Betty squadron reverted to Southern Area control. So I spent PP's for naught.
Here is a cheat for that: fly them from base to base until some are damaged, and then move and convert the core unit (which has fewer A/C and thus is cheaper) and the whole unit will be converted next turn.

This is especially valuable for the USAAF air units in the PI which start with lots of damaged units. The core assignment overrides the detachment assignment.

(in reply to V2)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI