Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

V2 -> Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's (8/14/2004 2:27:54 AM)

Here's a "don't do". I had 91 PP's as Japan. I wanted to change a Betty unit (27 A/C) to 4th Fleet control from Southern Area control. That transaction would cost 108 PP's. So I divided the unit into 3 x 9 A/C sub-units, and was able to convert 2 of them to 4th Fleet (72 PP's). I then tried to reunite the unit, and sho-nuff the newly combined 27-Betty squadron reverted to Southern Area control. So I spent PP's for naught.

grumbler -> RE: Political Points and changing LBA HHQ's (8/14/2004 5:36:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V2

Here's a "don't do". I had 91 PP's as Japan. I wanted to change a Betty unit (27 A/C) to 4th Fleet control from Southern Area control. That transaction would cost 108 PP's. So I divided the unit into 3 x 9 A/C sub-units, and was able to convert 2 of them to 4th Fleet (72 PP's). I then tried to reunite the unit, and sho-nuff the newly combined 27-Betty squadron reverted to Southern Area control. So I spent PP's for naught.
Here is a cheat for that: fly them from base to base until some are damaged, and then move and convert the core unit (which has fewer A/C and thus is cheaper) and the whole unit will be converted next turn.

This is especially valuable for the USAAF air units in the PI which start with lots of damaged units. The core assignment overrides the detachment assignment.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI