Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Military Music

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Military Music Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Military Music - 2/5/2002 9:33:00 PM   
Charles2222

For any of those who like to occassionally play theme music to the nation you're playing, here's some Russian stuff: http://www.okay.com/realmedia/russian.htm The Cossack Patrol, Apotheosis, and Soviet National Anthem are particularly good. German or American military music isn't terribly difficult to come by, but if anyone has ANY military music links please provide them. THANKS!

Post #: 1
- 2/5/2002 9:44:00 PM   
asgrrr

Do you have Russian front 2? It features some interesting soundtracks.

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 2
- 2/5/2002 10:06:00 PM   
Charles2222

Penetrator: No I don't, but I do have East Front II the computer game which has quite a few tracks of German music. Here's a better link! http://www.oronzo.com/world_war_2_mp3.html

Post #: 3
- 2/5/2002 10:26:00 PM   
lnp4668

Ooh, Hall of Fame thread.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 4
- 2/5/2002 10:44:00 PM   
Charles2222

I've been looking over that second website more seriously after playing all the Russian music, and find since I've been to that website they've even updated the German music, as they have the LONG version of that song on the MCNA, which is called PraiseofRommel on the cd, which the websire calls Unser Rommel.

Post #: 5
- 2/5/2002 10:51:00 PM   
Bing

Get your hands on the old recordings of the "Red Army Band and Chorus", if you can find them. If you haven't ever heard them, you are in for a truly pleasant surprise. They knew how to crack the plaster and have a lot of fun while they were doing it. Highly recommended. Six stars out of five. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 6
- 2/5/2002 11:35:00 PM   
tommmi

You can find a lot of music mp3 archives and lyrics at www.ingeb.org Manuel

Suerte, vista y al toro.

Post #: 7
- 2/5/2002 11:36:00 PM   
Charles2222

Some U.S. music http://users.beon.net/jekay/html/marche.htm

Post #: 8
- 2/6/2002 1:41:00 AM   
rbrunsman

This is a great thread. But I have a question: The movie "Battle of the Bulge" has a great song sung by the young German tankers just as the General is reviewing the troops after seeing the new tanks he is going to get. The General is downcast at the youth he sees in front of him and he is about to refuse to take the youngsters into battle. One of the kids starts singing a song. They all join in and the General changes his mind. It gave me goosebumps listening to it. Does anyone have, or know the name of, that song? Thanks

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 9
- 2/6/2002 1:46:00 AM   
tommmi

This song is the "Panzerlied"
Manuel

Suerte, vista y al toro.

Post #: 10
- 2/6/2002 2:17:00 AM   
asgrrr

Ahem... Charles, east front was what I meant... my memory.
quote:

Originally posted by Bing:
Get your hands on the old recordings of the "Red Army Band and Chorus", if you can find them. If you haven't ever heard them, you are in for a truly pleasant surprise.
Bing

Perhaps you will be surprised to know (or perhaps not) is that the recording of "Tipperary" they are always playing on the sub "Das Boot" is made by this ensemble! Not strictly accurate, hohum...

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 11
- 2/6/2002 2:23:00 AM   
rbrunsman

quote:

Originally posted by Manuel:
This song is the "Panzerlied"
Manuel

Excellent! Thank you.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 12
- 2/6/2002 2:58:00 AM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by Penetrator:
[Perhaps you will be surprised to know (or perhaps not) is that the recording of "Tipperary" they are always playing on the sub "Das Boot" is made by this ensemble! Not strictly accurate, hohum...[/QB]
I had not paid much attention, tell the truth and I've seen the movie twice. I LOVE the Red Army Band and Chorus rendition of "Tipperary": It's a long vay to Tipp-ah-var-ee ...
It's a long vay to goh ..
It's a long vay to Tipp-ah-var-ee ...
Du deh sveetest gehrl I know .... The above is in affecionate fun, because they were really something. Had a tenor - forget his name - strictly operatic quality voice, the guy was downright great. First or second LP, they have a number called IIRC "General Dance". It starts with what music profesionals call "bass drum smash", Ivan lays into the drum repeatedly, most likely a bass drum player will never again get a solo to START a number. This number is what we used to refer to - in my younger days - as a "lease breaker". Not that long ago, the Red Army B&C CD's were available on iimports. Retailers such as Tower and others might still have them. I hope so, because all kidding aside they were the most exciting service-type entertainment around. I never saw them in a theater but I understand their dancers were also the best - I believe the Politburo leaders saw them as artistic ambassadors to the outside world, which if true might have been one of their few truly smart moves.
Great stuff! And ... you will NEVER hear a "Volga Boatman" the way these guys do it. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 13
- 2/6/2002 3:04:00 AM   
lnp4668

Great stuffs to adds to my mp3 collection. The quality is a bit scratchy, but great stuffs. My favorite so far is Waltzing Maltida.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 14
- 2/6/2002 6:12:00 AM   
Charles2222

Penetrator:
quote:

Ahem... Charles, east front was what I meant... my memory.
Actually I thought you must have been talking about a movie I had not seen, which had a lot of good soundtracks. I suppose East Front should get an award for the most martial music on a wargame cd.

Post #: 15
- 2/6/2002 11:02:00 AM   
Figmo

This is great stuff - thanks guys! Don't forget if you have SP1, 2 & 3 - you can put the CD in your CD player and listen to the music and/or record it. Everytime I put the Cassette of those in the car stereo the kids say "Dad - that's your game huh"!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 16
- 2/7/2002 5:46:00 PM   
Jarkko

This site is in Italy but it does have quite a good collection of WW2 music: http://digilander.iol.it/adol/musiched.htm

Post #: 17
- 2/8/2002 12:35:00 AM   
Charles2222

My, the sites are getting impressive.

Post #: 18
- 2/8/2002 2:03:00 AM   
Belisarius

Hall of fame, alright. ...'til the old Internet Link Rot gets it, that is...

Got StuG?

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Military Music Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI