Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Header #3 Error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Header #3 Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Header #3 Error - 8/18/2004 3:12:39 AM   
SimpleSOB

I have tried to play a game by email but everytime my oppenent sends back the turn and I tried to load it I get the Header #3 error. What does this mean?
Post #: 1
RE: Header #3 Error - 8/18/2004 3:53:16 PM   
alexs

Hi SimpleSOB,
That error refers to an invalid file being sent. Does the file have a .dkp file extension? What is the size? If it has a eml extension, then it is not a correct file, and an error has occurred during the email compaction process. This failure would mainly be due to having a filename that is too long. If you could post the name of the PBEM file, we would be able to help you a bit more.

AlexS

(in reply to SimpleSOB)
Post #: 2
RE: Header #3 Error - 8/18/2004 7:14:50 PM   
SimpleSOB

the file name was jvcArdennes_Axs_02.dkp and is 10 kb in size. I think the file name is the issue. Is there someway I can rename the file and use it to play the game?

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 3
RE: Header #3 Error - 8/19/2004 3:20:47 AM   
alexs

SimpleSOB - no there isnt. If you send a copy of the file to me here at support@ssg.com.au, i can have a look at it to confirm. Try starting an email game and using "tst" as the filename (ie keeping the filename very short and not using any funny characters). That usually solves most problems.

AlexS

(in reply to SimpleSOB)
Post #: 4
RE: Header #3 Error - 10/5/2004 3:53:28 AM   
alexs

Tracked this down to yahoo mail stripping out the dkp file and replacing it with html. To check this, you need to open the file with wordpad (or some other text editing program), and check the contents - it should look like random binary data, and not html.

AlexS

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Header #3 Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI