Header #3 Error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

SimpleSOB -> Header #3 Error (8/18/2004 3:12:39 AM)

I have tried to play a game by email but everytime my oppenent sends back the turn and I tried to load it I get the Header #3 error. What does this mean?

alexs -> RE: Header #3 Error (8/18/2004 3:53:16 PM)

Hi SimpleSOB,
That error refers to an invalid file being sent. Does the file have a .dkp file extension? What is the size? If it has a eml extension, then it is not a correct file, and an error has occurred during the email compaction process. This failure would mainly be due to having a filename that is too long. If you could post the name of the PBEM file, we would be able to help you a bit more.

AlexS

SimpleSOB -> RE: Header #3 Error (8/18/2004 7:14:50 PM)

the file name was jvcArdennes_Axs_02.dkp and is 10 kb in size. I think the file name is the issue. Is there someway I can rename the file and use it to play the game?

alexs -> RE: Header #3 Error (8/19/2004 3:20:47 AM)

SimpleSOB - no there isnt. If you send a copy of the file to me here at support@ssg.com.au, i can have a look at it to confirm. Try starting an email game and using "tst" as the filename (ie keeping the filename very short and not using any funny characters). That usually solves most problems.

AlexS

alexs -> RE: Header #3 Error (10/5/2004 3:53:28 AM)

Tracked this down to yahoo mail stripping out the dkp file and replacing it with html. To check this, you need to open the file with wordpad (or some other text editing program), and check the contents - it should look like random binary data, and not html.

AlexS

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI