Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are HQs for?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What are HQs for? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are HQs for? - 8/18/2004 11:11:33 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: pry

just answered this in your other post in the main forum but for other folks who are going to try scenarios this is important so I will repeat the answer here.

it will hurt the AI and the human player as well, air units (actually all units) need to be attached to a theater command for supply and replacement purposes. The Air HQ only benefit the number of planes that can get into the air (combat effects)

Change at your own risk.

Having read a number of different threads on HQs I'm getting more and more confused as to their use. Is this statement true? If it is that explains why at the start of a scenario nearly all units and bases are attached to theatre HQ.

From the dreaded manual you have this passage:

"Furthermore, some units need to be reattached to different HQ’s as the game moves on. A unit operating under an HQ that is thousands of miles away is not nearly as efficient in its operations as it would be were it attached to an HQ in the same hex (or a nearby one)."

If both these statements are true the theatre/command HQ needs to be on the front line to give maximum benifit which is nonsense.

Front line HQs should be Armies, Corps etc which provide supply, ammo, and command control over all attached units. What these HQs would find difficult to get would be Admin (i.e replacements) which would be parcelled out by the theatre HQ.

Could somebody therefore please explain how and just as importantly the thinking behind the current HQ rules.
Post #: 1
RE: What are HQs for? - 8/18/2004 7:59:19 PM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Half way down page, you will see links about HQs.

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp%3Fm%3D677926

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> What are HQs for? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI