Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Manual??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Game Manual?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Manual?? - 8/21/2004 9:13:40 PM   
The Purist

Hello,

Where do I download the complete text version of the game manual?

I'm and old, old fashioned wargamer and want to read the enter sequence of play on what to do and when to do it. I downloaded the game and loaded up the tutorial but it just sat there,...did not tell me what to do first, why I was doing it, what my objective was, not a flicker of info.

I could have sat there all day and clicked on buttons but I would prefer to know all the details of the game. I'm not one to mess with scenarios, I just want to get after the full campaign. To do this I need to know how the game works.

Thanks much
Post #: 1
RE: Game Manual?? - 8/21/2004 9:17:53 PM   
rogueusmc

Once the game is installed, the manuals are in a folder named 'manuals' in the WitP folder in your computer.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to The Purist)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Manual?? - 8/21/2004 9:44:43 PM   
mongo

Once you find the manuals, I would highly suggest you run through the tutorial, then play one of the smaller (not the full-map) scenarios before jumping into the entire war.

The manual is pretty good considering the scope of the game, but the game experience only gets better once you really know the mechanics well.

"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Manual?? - 8/22/2004 6:47:05 AM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Purist

Hello,

Where do I download the complete text version of the game manual?

I'm and old, old fashioned wargamer and want to read the enter sequence of play on what to do and when to do it. I downloaded the game and loaded up the tutorial but it just sat there,...did not tell me what to do first, why I was doing it, what my objective was, not a flicker of info.

I could have sat there all day and clicked on buttons but I would prefer to know all the details of the game. I'm not one to mess with scenarios, I just want to get after the full campaign. To do this I need to know how the game works.

Thanks much

You'll find the Tutorial Manual in the same folder.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to The Purist)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Game Manual?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI