Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Suggestion... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion... - 8/28/2004 2:13:08 AM   
Lionfish

KP is one of the best games I have played, albeit I'm a newbie and not very good. However, I've noticed one complaint that runs common through out this thread and that is the ability to see what is in the Hex. I think this biggest issue is if there is a river, road, blown-bridge, etc and there are units or strong points etc on top. Of course you can hover over it ("rick click") and look at the connecting hexes, but this will not tell you if the bridge is blown. I find myself toggling (clicking) everything to hidden, just to get a good look at the map, even with the maginfier.

Here is my suggestion, which would be a very SIMPLE FIX, a hot key that would toggle everything OFF and just show the map. You could quickly toggle back and forth and see the whole map with nothing obscuring the view.

Just a simple suggestion.

Thanks for a great game...

Hope to get better and play some PBEM games soon.

< Message edited by Lionfish -- 8/27/2004 7:38:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion... - 8/28/2004 2:30:23 AM   
wodin

Or right click on the hex.

(in reply to Lionfish)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion... - 8/28/2004 2:37:03 AM   
Lionfish

That's what I mentioned (by hovering over and looking) (I will edit it to clarify). However, to do it for each hex makes it tedious AND it doesn't indicate if the bridge is blown.

I would wager that a majority of KP players would use such a hot key, maybe even yourself?

< Message edited by Lionfish -- 8/27/2004 7:37:34 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestion... - 8/28/2004 7:44:02 AM   
dosmil78

I'm not sure if you were aware, but there are hot-keys in which to do this. 'U' clears all the units from the screen, and also brings them back as well. 'F' clears and returns the frontline graphic. 'M' clears all mine hexes. And I do believe 'E' clears strongpoints? I could be wrong about that one. You know when you click on the Game Options square, the hotkey letter is right next to the button that toggles each individual option.

(in reply to Lionfish)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestion... - 8/28/2004 7:54:41 AM   
Lionfish

Thanks very much...I did recently discover this after wasting lots of time clicking each on and off. However, I would really love to have ONE hot key that clears all and then returns it back to what ever state I had it. I would be easier to read the map quickly that way.

Thanks...

Regards

(in reply to dosmil78)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Suggestion... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI