Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Speaking German

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Speaking German Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Speaking German - 2/25/2002 11:33:00 PM   
Omegaunit

Ok have you evrtalked to someone about WWWI and thay say: Well if it wasn't for (Insert battle, technology, personality) we'd be speaking German. and if this has happened to you dosen't it kind of annoy you after like the 500th time?

-// Enough with the arms of critique! it is time for the Critique of arms!!! //---
Post #: 1
- 2/25/2002 11:51:00 PM   
Bing

No, it doesn't annoy me. I don't indulge in this particular practice. But it does remind me why the sacrifices were made - why the lives of friends and family members were given up. I hope we never forget. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 2
- 2/25/2002 11:57:00 PM   
Omegaunit

Well my heart is all stopped up and I feel all patriotic about this now. What does fogetting about WWII have to do with people using a catch phrase because they cant think of anything relevant to say like "well if it wasn't for the foreign unit we never would have broke enigma" well if it wasn't for the constripts in stalingrad operation typhoon would have worked and hitler would have connected all the way with japan limiting a front." that is what not forgetting means,
people who use phrases like "uuh we'd be speaking german now are the ones who are letting the sacrifice gloss over
but this is my opinion and I dont want to offend anyone back to the original question has anyone else heard this phrase used over and over nullnull[I][/I]

-// Enough with the arms of critique! it is time for the Critique of arms!!! //---

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 3
- 2/26/2002 12:01:00 AM   
Bing

It has everything to do with remembering WW2 - you most likely are not old enough to have lived through that time. For those of us who did, we have a fairly good idea why the sacrifices were necessary. If that doesn't appeal to you, then so be it. No, I don't go around saying things like this. Don't know anyone that does, either. You're the first one to have brought it up in a long, long time. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 4
- 2/26/2002 12:09:00 AM   
Omegaunit

No I am old enough to remember Tet i guess that colors everything

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Speaking German Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI